Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

can i take anything???

hi,

i woke up this morning and felt real sick just put it down to morning sickness but i have sickness n diorrera (cant spell) and it is really bad i suppose its a mix of both of them its not good my oh had it last week and now i have it great!!!!!!! now is there anything at all i can have???? i feel so rotten its untrue

Replies

• HI Hun...
    Sorry to hear you're not well.....

Best thing to do is try some peppermint tea for the sickness and make sure you keep taking fluids so you don't de-hydrate.

Hope you feel better soon...x x
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev150pr___.png

• I had a really nasty sickness & squits (can't even try to spell it properly!) bug when i was 9 wks pregnant, all the dr's told me to do was take sips of water (which i couldn't keep down) and wait for it to work it's way through the system, taking anything to stop the squits will only prolong the bugs life in your system. I know it's not pleasant but it's the only way i'm afraid!

Hope you feel better soon

Obi & Philip
  • thanks x x im peed off wiv it though! im 12 weeks preg and still have all symptoms plus this just doesnt mix image
  • Poor you
    It's not nice at all is it and it wears you out. I agree with the others you must try and keep your fluids up. having sips of cooled boiled water really helps with the cramping and is cleansing.
    I hope you feel better soon hun x
  • Aw poor u, sounds nasty. I agree with the others, keep your fluids up, and I think Diarolyte (can't spell it!) is safe in pregnancy but I'm not 100% so you might want to check it out. x
  • Yeah it is safe I was given it at about 6-8 weeks by my doctor
  • can it hurt my lo?? im drinkin as much as i can tho image ive already got dyrolite sachets so im having them anyway
  • I had horrible diarrhoea last week - didn't take anything, just drank lots of water to prevent dehydration - had ot for 5 days tho!!
  • I also had it at about 12 weeks and didn't eat much at all for a week, the doctor told me the baby would be fine.

You just have to ride it out I'm affraid. Hope you feel better very soon. xxxx
  • i had that i cudent kepp anything down not even water or dry toast n all food smells make me be sik and even looking at food, i dunno maybe ask ya doc or midwife.
  • its not just u, there is a bug goin round, i had it over christmas which was yuk!!!! I couldnt even keep water down, diarolyte was the only thing that kept me goin, even tho i was bringin that back up too most of the sugars stay in ur body!!!
  • its not just u, there is a bug goin round, i had it over christmas which was yuk!!!! I couldnt even keep water down, diarolyte was the only thing that kept me goin, even tho i was bringin that back up too most of the sugars stay in ur body!!!
  • Go and get yourself some ginger from any supermarket. I had the extact same bug last week and I was recommended ginger and it really worked

• i cnt even keep water down never mind ginger