Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

can i take anything???

hi,

i woke up this morning and felt real sick just put it down to morning sickness but i have sickness n diorrera (cant spell) and it is really bad i suppose its a mix of both of them its not good my oh had it last week and now i have it great!!!!!!! now is there anything at all i can have???? i feel so rotten its untrue

Replies

• Options
    HI Hun...
    Sorry to hear you're not well.....

Best thing to do is try some peppermint tea for the sickness and make sure you keep taking fluids so you don't de-hydrate.

Hope you feel better soon...x x
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev150pr___.png

• Options
    I had a really nasty sickness & squits (can't even try to spell it properly!) bug when i was 9 wks pregnant, all the dr's told me to do was take sips of water (which i couldn't keep down) and wait for it to work it's way through the system, taking anything to stop the squits will only prolong the bugs life in your system. I know it's not pleasant but it's the only way i'm afraid!

Hope you feel better soon

Obi & Philip
  • Options
    thanks x x im peed off wiv it though! im 12 weeks preg and still have all symptoms plus this just doesnt mix image
  • Options
    Poor you
    It's not nice at all is it and it wears you out. I agree with the others you must try and keep your fluids up. having sips of cooled boiled water really helps with the cramping and is cleansing.
    I hope you feel better soon hun x
  • Options
    Aw poor u, sounds nasty. I agree with the others, keep your fluids up, and I think Diarolyte (can't spell it!) is safe in pregnancy but I'm not 100% so you might want to check it out. x
  • Options
    Yeah it is safe I was given it at about 6-8 weeks by my doctor
  • Options
    can it hurt my lo?? im drinkin as much as i can tho image ive already got dyrolite sachets so im having them anyway
  • Options
    I had horrible diarrhoea last week - didn't take anything, just drank lots of water to prevent dehydration - had ot for 5 days tho!!
  • Options
    I also had it at about 12 weeks and didn't eat much at all for a week, the doctor told me the baby would be fine.

You just have to ride it out I'm affraid. Hope you feel better very soon. xxxx
  • Options
    i had that i cudent kepp anything down not even water or dry toast n all food smells make me be sik and even looking at food, i dunno maybe ask ya doc or midwife.
  • Options
    its not just u, there is a bug goin round, i had it over christmas which was yuk!!!! I couldnt even keep water down, diarolyte was the only thing that kept me goin, even tho i was bringin that back up too most of the sugars stay in ur body!!!
  • Options
    its not just u, there is a bug goin round, i had it over christmas which was yuk!!!! I couldnt even keep water down, diarolyte was the only thing that kept me goin, even tho i was bringin that back up too most of the sugars stay in ur body!!!
  • Options
    Go and get yourself some ginger from any supermarket. I had the extact same bug last week and I was recommended ginger and it really worked

• Options
    i cnt even keep water down never mind ginger