Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

When did you start buying?

Hiya girls How far gone were you all before you bought anything for LO? After scan today im so excited and just want to get a little something to make it that bit more real! That and the fact ive got a ??50 next voucher in my purse that im dying to spend!! Im only 12+5 and dont want anyone thinking im daft for getting anything so soon! x

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev198pf___.png

Replies

• I managed to wait untill after I had my first scan at 15 weeks but I have bought a few bits since then. I did have a slightly easier job being patient as this is my second so if the urge to look at tiny clothes got to much I could just get some of Millies old ones out! I know alot of people buy prams and all sorts as early as 12 weeks so if I were you I would get to Next! (In fact don't, because they still have the sale on and don't have much nice stuff, go to Mothercare and save the Next voucher for maternity clothes!)
  • i still havent got a single thing for baby, i am waiting untill my 4d scan next tuesday when i find out what sex the baby is, then i can go pink or blue mad lol, i have a little girl so hoping i will be buying blue this time lol. xxx

if you want to get stuff now, there isnt any reason why u shouldnt.

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev099pr___.png

• I personally think it's better to wait until about 20 weeks cos it's closer and I think more exciting especially when you know what you're having! We started buying after the 20 week scan and now have got loads of clothes and the pushchair so quite a lot, just need to buy bottles and stuff & moses basket. I'm saving them for nearer the time though, I think the further on you are the more exciting it is buying stuff as you know it won't be too long before your baby's wearing/using it!! x
  • I managed to wait until after our 20 week scan to start buying stuff but my mum has been buying us baby clothes since we told her!
  • Im having my 12 week scan on monday but i'll actually be around 14 and a half weeks, so im going to start after that with bits and peaces! I think as long as youre past that risky time its ok, i wont be buying the buggy or furniture for a while yet though! I think it will be a bit less stressfull aswell if we start earlier and just buy bits every week! I like being organised!
  • With my first i was 13 weeks when i found out and started buying straight away i couldnt help it lol
    Second time i waited til i had my 12 week scan and this time lo is 19 weeks tomorrow so if its a boy i wont need much if its a girl i will have to get a few things so i will wait til 20 week scan.
    vikki xx
  • With my first I waited until I was 12 weeks then brought little things then after my 20 week scan brought the bigger things and the pink things. My second I waited until 20 week scan and found out it was another girl so only needed to buy a few things!
    This time round we are not sure if we are going to find out and i threw a lot of stuff away after second as I dont think it would have been passed down again. Will probably buy babygrows and stuff after scan on friday when I will be 13 weeks.

I already have a double pushchair but may trade it in as its a side by side and might get a lightweight hoxton tandem so I can have a buggy board on the back for my eldest. I also need to get a new cot but still have baby bath etc.

I cant wait to hit the shops!!

xx
  • I waited till i as 21 weeks until i bought anything although we looked from 5 weeks its so exciting! The only thing i didnt do is "bring a new pram into the house" ive heard an old wives tale about it so i ordered it and had it delivered to my mums! Dont go too mad with clothes either i only bought few basics in white and i have afull wardrobe with what people bought me and my baby not due for another five weeks! What with finshing work and christmas we have had loads and loads of white and cream stuff! Isnt it just great being pregnant! x Kelly
  • I am 11 weeks 4 days and intend to start buying after my 20 weeks scan altough I am not finding out what I am having, just dont want to get carried away. Waited till 20 weeks with my first too. Got to confess though have been looking for the last 4 weeks!!!

[Modified by: jmp on January 08, 2008 11:06 AM]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev206pf___.png

[Modified by: jmp on January 08, 2008 11:11 AM]
  • I am completly useless!!!! I found out at approx 5 wks that I was pregnant then went to car boot sale on the Sunday (still in daze I hasten to add) and bought a lovely mamas and papas pram for ??30! Then had to find storage for it in my tiny flat for the next 8 mths! Also picking up bits and bobs while on offer - look out for bogofs of Johnsons, nappies, wipes etc and can never have too much (got drawer full already!) Every little helps I keep convincing myself lol
  • I am completly useless!!!! I found out at approx 5 wks that I was pregnant then went to car boot sale on the Sunday (still in daze I hasten to add) and bought a lovely mamas and papas pram for ??30! Then had to find storage for it in my tiny flat for the next 8 mths! Also picking up bits and bobs while on offer - look out for bogofs of Johnsons, nappies, wipes etc and can never have too much (got drawer full already!) Every little helps I keep convincing myself lol
  • my sister went straight out the afternoon I told her! and she's not come back yet............ except to drop off what she has bought, I am sure their will be nothing left in any of the baby sections of shops in Leeds.