Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Painful pregnancy- endometrosis and adhesions

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

IM 14 WEEKS TODAY AND SO FAR THIS PREGNANCY HAS MADE ME FEEL SO UNDER THE WEATHER, SICKNESS, BLADDER INFECTION AND PAIN.:roll:

I HAVE A HISTORY OF ENDOMETRIOSIS AND HAVE HAD 5 LAPS' AND 3 PREVVOIUS MISCARRIAGES.

TO CARRY THIS FAR IS A COMPLETE JOY THAT I CHERIS, BUT THE PAIN HAS AT TIMES BEEN UNBEARABLE. IVE HAD MANY TRIPS TO THE HOSPITAL JUST TO GET SOME REST BITE AS THE PAIN IS HINDERING MY ABILITY TO SLEEP.

APPARENTLY THE SCAR TISSUE IN MY UTERUS IS CAUSING THE PAIN AND IT SHOULD EASE OFF EVENTUALLY.

I WAS WONDERING IF THERE ARE ANY LADIES OUT THERE WITH A SIMILAR MEDCAL HISTORY WHO COULD TELL ME THEIR EXPERIENCES OF PREGNANCY?

SORRY IF THIS MESSAGE IS A LITTLE BLURRY JUST SO TIRED THROUGH LACK OF SLEEP .

R X

Replies

• Hi gibmo

firstly, sorry to hear about your endo x I am 20 weeks pg and suffering the same as you. I have had 3 laps, but no miscarriages. My doc said that when I got pg then the pain would go away...fat chance...i even got endo pains on my wedding night!!!!

all my doc said was to take paracetamol (great when your rolling around the floor in agony) i was on dihydrocodeine and naproxen but was told to stop those, even though it has been proven there are no risks during pregnancy with them (even though the dihydrocodeine is a relative of the heroin plant!!) like me, you've probabley tried all the tried and tested stuff like hot water bottles, but if its that bad you've had to go to hospital then it might be worth having a word with your midwife see if she can suggest anything.

email if you need you chat, I know how desparate this situation can be.

Cheryl xx
  • Hi Gibmo - my sister works for Endometriosis UK and is a life long sufferer. If you want to give me your email address I can pass it on to her, they have quite a network there and I bet she'll be able to put you in touch with someone who's in the same situation as you, Laura xxx
  • Hi Gibmo

I was only diagnosed with endometriosis when I became pregnant. I ended up in hospital on my first wedding anniversary due to abdominal pains that they thought might be an ectopic pregnancy. I already had had positive pregnancy tests and had had some bleeding that had just stopped and then a couple days later the pain kicked in. The scans showed a mass around my ovary but they couldn't tell exactly what it was so I had to have a laparoscopy which showed it to be a normal cyst but they also found signs of endometriosis.

I always thought I just had bad periods but I was really surprised to be diagnosed. I've never had a miscarriage and I got pregnant straight after coming off the pill (first pregnancy) so I've been really lucky. The pain was excruciating but has now passed. I still sometimes get a small twinge but nothing like I had at 6 weeks. I'm now 18 weeks pregnant and things are going fine. I've heard that the symptoms can reduce after a pregnancy but I know others that have had no difference or have gotten worse... I was told that I could experience more pain during my pregnancy but so far it's been okay for me.

I really hope your pain passes too. And that mine doesn't come back!

Good luck, Sonia x
  • Thank you for sharing your experiences with me.
    Its of comfort knowing Im not alone.
    Rx