Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Just booked 16week gender scan!!

Hiya all, after not very long of thinking about it! Ive decided to have a private scan at 16 weeks to check everythings ok and find out my babys sex! Im such an impatient person and the thought of having to wait another 7 weeks was driving me crazy! And it would be nice to know how baby is doing! And seeing him/her again! Hopefully it should be at end of january but got to wait for them to get in touch now with the date! Cant wait!!! xxx

Luv Mikayla xxx
13+2!!

Replies

• We found out the sex with our first (a girl). After we found out the sex there was no excitement in terms of guessing games and names etc etc. And at the birth there was no build up cuz we already knew we were having a girl. This time was won't find out until the birth. It doesn't bother me not knowing as we're just buying all neutral colours like yellow, cream and light green etc.

In my birth plan I want it so my partner is the first to tell me the sex when he/she is born. I think that will be such a special experience.

Its so exciting not to know the sex for us, but if you want to find out I know how it feels cuz we found out the first time round!

Good luck with the scan hope all goes well for you. Karys 17+2 weeks.
  • We were the other way around, for our first lo we were disappointed when we didn't find out at the scan with our daughter what we were having.

This time we found out (it was a bit hard to miss) we're having a boy and it's been really exciting, looking at boy's names, buying baby stuff for a boy and being able to tell our lo she is gonna have a brother, for us it hasn't taken any of the excitment away it's actually increased it...

good luck
    xx
  • hi ahere i stay i get a 12 wk scan and a 20 weeks scan (which i just had last week) and the 20 wk one is where we asked the sex but they couldnt tell cause the cord was between her/his legs!! so been also thinking of a sexing scan provately, do you ind me asking how much it is and where you stay?

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png

• Hiya laura, it costs ??79 so i think its well worth the money. And its at www.babybond.com they have centres all over uk. Ill be going the one in manchester xxx Let me know if you decide to have it! My friend also couldnt see the sex at her 20 week scan and says if she knew about babybond she would of gone straight there from the hospital! xxx
  • I think it's a great idea, I really wanted one at 16 wks but couldn't afford it so had to wait until the 20 week scan.

I hated 'guessing' and to me it wouldn't feel very real if I didn't know my baby's sex. My oh is the same, we were both desperate to find out. x x
  • Im only managing to get it because its my 21st next month so will be an early bday prezzy as i couldnt afford it! xx
  • Oh right, will be a great present if the baby doesn't have his legs closed lol.

Bear in mind they might not be able to tell u (although if it's a private scan, if they can't tell, then they will probably give you another appointment free, or ask you to go and walk around or have somethin to eat to get baby to move), or they might not be very sure.

It's a great idea tho cos some NHS hospitals are really dodgy about telling u, because of some cultures choosing to abort girls. And even if they do tell u, they never sound very sure, so I've heard.

We've been told it's 'maybe a boy' although we were quite sure ourselves. Got a 4d scan in 2 weeks today, and have got the sexing option in with it, so we'll know for sure then lol. x

• lol at my 20 weeks scan we knew instantaly it was a boy although i had to inform my other half that he was looking at the cord and not where the guy was pointing !! but they have to say 99% as they do get it wrong id be shocked if it was wrong though !!
  • Go Mikayla we are doing a u turn from not wanting to know but after seeing baby today we want to know!! So may also book in early we did it with our second at 16 weeks and had one done in lonodn by the man that delivered jordans baby. It was nice too as he said girl and obviously you still have your hospital scan which should confirm it which made us extra sure it was a girl!

God I wanna know now!!

Only 3 weeks!!!!!

xxx
  • I know how you feel! Im so impatient! 7 weeks was like a lifetime away, now 3 weeks is! Just waiting for them to get back to me with a date! Should be end of jan beginning of feb! xx
  • Ah i got my date for scan at hospital today and its not til 17th march! I will be 22 weeks then too so a whole 9 weeks, too long for me! I think this might have to be my birthday present! Hint hint chazzy lol!

Saying that I am so convinced its another girl I prob dont need a scan to know!

• They gave me my 20 week scan date for 3rd March, which seems ages away! Still don't know if we're gonna find out the sex, we can't decide!
  • Oh right, will be a great present if the baby doesn't have his legs closed lol.

Bear in mind they might not be able to tell u (although if it's a private scan, if they can't tell, then they will probably give you another appointment free, or ask you to go and walk around or have somethin to eat to get baby to move), or they might not be very sure.

It's a great idea tho cos some NHS hospitals are really dodgy about telling u, because of some cultures choosing to abort girls. And even if they do tell u, they never sound very sure, so I've heard.

We've been told it's 'maybe a boy' although we were quite sure ourselves. Got a 4d scan in 2 weeks today, and have got the sexing option in with it, so we'll know for sure then lol. x

hi we have also been told the BEST GUESS is a boy, (but the cord was between his/her legs) and i am so sure i saw boy parts, so in my head its a boy, but id still really like to find out for definite.
  • That is a brill idea. I have 2 boys and was not allowed to find out the sex in the hospital where I had them (Watford General) but this time having baby at Fairfield in Bury where I can find out. See you are having yours done in Manchester so if lo decides to be difficult then gonna go for the scan you are having. Whereabouts in Manchester is it?
  • Hiya oldermum, its in chorlton. They rang earlier and my appointment is for the 4th feb at 6pm. Woohoo gonna see my baby again! Cant wait!! xx