Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Coldsores...

Morning girls.

Sorry if this post sounds really thick, But. Can coldsores in anyway be related to pregnancy or is it just "one of them things"? I used to get coldsores very rare, like once every couple of years or so. But in the last 7/8 weeks ive had 3! Bloody 3!!! They look awful!

Mikayla x
13+4

Replies

• I suffer from coldsores and they are worse when you are rundown. Your body is probably so busy doing other things that it hasnt got the energy to fight off coldsores. I would say best thing to do is make sure your lips dont dry out and have lots of vitamin c! I know they are ugly, every time i go on holiday i get them so my holiday snaps always look awful.
  • Hi i had never suffered from coldsores but when i had my daughter the first time i was pg i got them all over my face it was really bad and i asked my mw about them and she said it could be because im pg and the baby taking all the goodness and my body being run down.
    But i am on my third pg and have had them since.
    vikki xx