Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bio-oil??????

i got bio-oil over the weekend, and WOW. i have strech marks all near hy side of waist from where i gained lots of weight before the pregnancy. i was amazed after only using it for a week the look lot better.

Replies

• i use palmers cocoa butter which is also fab. i have a mass load of stretch marks and it has really helped them. after i strated using it they turned really quickly from angry red to silver and has stopped them itching as well. although i do smell like butter after lol
  • You are both very lucky then (or maybe im just bloody unlucky) I have been using both palmers cocoa butter and bio oil twice daily from 13 weeks and still look like I have a road map on my stomach!! Never mind the end result will be worth it.
  • i use normal palmers coco butter all the time for years so maybe thats why bio- oil worked really well. byt then my strech marks arent angry red like your lou, when they come i hope bio and coco bloody works. 15 weeks today!!!
  • hi
    i used bio oil in evening and palmers in morning (sometimes twice a day) from around 5wks - religiously! i'm now 28wks +3 and it seems that 'all of a sudden' i have stretch marks on my belly. (i didn't have ANY before) so i really dont think it matters what you use, you are either prone to stretch marks or not.
    & in my case (along with you lou) i'm bloody unlucky!
    new stretch marks are angry red - they fade with age. so i guess i'll just have to wait and see...

gem x
  • i still have loads of stretch marks but they just faded quicker with palmers. im going for a complete road map of France on my tum lol
  • I've been using boots own Mediterranean moisturiser as I hated the smell of the palmers & I think the boots one is great & leaves your skin really soft. I'm 29+2 & have no stretch marks YET but not ruling them out although my mum didn't get any & she had 4 of us so fingers crossed!
    The way to look at it is we all have lovely soft bellies with our moisturising!
  • bio oil is rly gd i got loads of s.marks in 1st preg and ive started usin bio oil and cocoa butter from start of my 2nd preg and i have'nt got ne new s.marks which is fab and theyve made them less faint image
  • bio oil is rly gd i got loads of s.marks in 1st preg and ive started usin bio oil and cocoa butter from start of my 2nd preg and i have'nt got ne new s.marks which is fab and theyve made them less faint image