Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Replies

• Have you heard today's the most depressing day of the year so far?! Down to the weather (with that I agree!), debt (ditto!), amongst other things to get us down.
    Don't know about you lot but I'm a happy bunny! Gracie's such a sweetheart, my little boy's feeling better and my big boy's 5 tomorrow! I'm ready to wrap his pressies and am very excited!
    Big improvement to Saturday's horrendous day!!
    If only the rain would stop, the baby bath's catching water from a leaky roof........:roll:
  • Yep GMTV told me that.. I was ok until I found that not only has the cat got into a bag of rubbish and scattered it across the kitchen but she has crapped on the floor and peed in Cole's baby gym!!! Don't know what to do with her..thought she'd got used to Cole.

The weather and debt does suck... I really need to get my motorbike, spare wedding dress & guitar up for sale.

Roll on summer.. I'm sick of condensation!
  • Ditto!!!

I am fed up with the rain - it is so miserable and grey...and even though I have a lovely view I cannot see it!

One of our dogs is ill with a liver problem - apparently the lead in the water may have caused it...so the weekend has been horrible as it started with one of the dogs sh*tting and puking all over the house...then the great dane decided to eat anything he could last night and wee..so at 4.37am this morning I was trying to clear up sick from the poorly one, wee from the great dane (or rather a small lake) and then found he had eater hubby's ??500 earphones for his work...eek! I have got no money at all...sometimes I had being self employed!

I need to flog a load of stuff on ebay too - but it is such a pain to photo everything and then write all the stuff...still it is easy money I s'pose.

Roll on some more people wanting to get married here so I can earn some money!!!
  • i didnt even know it was the most depressing day of the year until about an hour ago, but i was feeling proper fed up anyway. i got caught in the rain on my daily walk which i have to go or i start to lose it and it keeps the kids happy, well i dont think the baby cares as long as hes warm and got a dummy in. does anyone elses baby have a dummy? tommy loves his but cant keep it in as his sucking isn't very strong. which means i have to put it a million times a day or he proper kicks off!!xx
  • I'm sick of the weather too but feel in quite a good mood today! But trying not to think of my debt! I need to have a rummage in the attic and garage and see if there's anything else I can sell on ebay!

Rebecca26 - Amy has a dummy but she only seems to want it during the day and will have a good old suck on it for 5 mins, spit it out and then fall asleep.
    I wasn't keen on her having one at first but after 4 days of her being unsettled, I thought I'd try it and hey presto - I haven't looked back!
  • Violet loves her dummy as she is a very sucky baby. But she only wants it when she is tired during the day (and cannot comfort suck me all the time!) and then at night she wants it initially to get off to sleep, but once she is properly asleep it drops out of her mouth and thankfully she doesn't wake up for it to be put back in!!! She is very fussy about which dummy though as I bought some of those tommee tippee see through ones which are supposedly for bf babies...well she will have this during the day, but at night has a little pink and white one and that was a special small dummy for early babies and she will only have that one at night!
  • Im in a very good mood today image We have just started a new and exciting chapter in our lives and personally I don't think it gets much better image
    Holly won't take a dummy which Im not sure if its a good or bad thing? She just spits it out and won't entertain it but Im not sure if thats because its too big for her. Some times I think she would sleep better if she had one because she tends to use me as a comfort to fall asleep, like through the night she'll make out shes hungry have 2 or 3 sucks then fall asleep!! Wee monkey lol
    Cally where did you get smaller dummys? Ive had a look but couldnt see any in the shops. xxx
  • Im in a very good mood today image We have just started a new and exciting chapter in our lives and personally I don't think it gets much better image
    Holly won't take a dummy which Im not sure if its a good or bad thing? She just spits it out and won't entertain it but Im not sure if thats because its too big for her. Some times I think she would sleep better if she had one because she tends to use me as a comfort to fall asleep, like through the night she'll make out shes hungry have 2 or 3 sucks then fall asleep!! Wee monkey lol
    Cally where did you get smaller dummys? Ive had a look but couldnt see any in the shops. xxx
  • Gracie's the same - very sucky! She prefers the tommee tippee ones, only having her cute pink Mam ones as a last resort! She uses it to get to sleep then once off isn't too bothered about it being in or out. I initially gave her one to stop her munching for comfort/sleep rather than food and I'm so glad she took it the 2nd day of trying! !st son refused one and 2nd son had one when teething at 5 months onwards...and still has it now, oops! Not too fussed, he only has it at night or when hubby gives it him to stop him whinging!
    Rebecca - you're either brave or a nutter for going out in this weather!?! Then again, I'm a bloody wimp and I actually managed to straighten my hair yest eve!!
  • I'm having an ok day (so far...) Philip has been a good boy today and hasn't been playing limpet, attached to boob all day, in fact he's had 3 feeds since 9.30am and after each one has been smiley and playing then fast asleep!!, still haven't managed to get any housework done though!!

So far my dog has been ok with him, but do feel for you Cally, she has a pancreatic insufficiency which without her tablets with every meal her poo is similair consistency to Philips but stinks 10 times as bad! Not fun cleaning it up!

We bought Philip a babygym yesterday and an actvitiy centre thing that does magical wonderful things to keep him entertained until 18months, all i have to do is put the bloody thing together!!

Still waiting for TV (a 32"inch lcd tv magically went missing from a DHL van!) i have been promised a phone call this pm or tomorrow morning to arrange delivery of replacement, they better phone or tomorrow will be someone's most depressing day, i can still use the hormones as an excuse for erupting can't i??!!

Philip has dummy to settle to sleep but he quite often spits it out almost straight away, he certainly spits it out when asleep. I bought him some tommee tippee ones but he doesn't like them and i'm not keen, the teats seem massive! Have some avent ones which he much prefers, got them from Sainsbury's.
  • Cole is sleepy today - slept for 4 hours so I got a fair bit of cleaning up done, the cat is hiding upstairs..she knows she's been bad!

I'm not sure if he's just sleepy or not so well cause its not like him to sleep for so long in the daytime. I'm trying to give him tummy time on his playmat but he keeps falling asleep! If I put him on my chest he usually lifts his head up and crawls...guess I'm comfier than the mat on the floor!!

I think the dummies i got Cole are avant ones - picked ones with small teats - didn't know you could get tommy tippee ones for bf-ing babies.. rubbish Boots here has no selection! He wasn't that bothered about the dummies though and since I figured out he was probably crying mostly due to hunger he's been sleeping more so I didn't bother trying him again. The freaky musical cow my brother bought him seems to settle him to sleep - so I haven't brought the dummies back upstairs from when I sterilised them.
  • Hi girls, I attempted a dummy for Paige to see if it would stop her comfort sucking on me (she overfeeds and pukes everywhere about 6 times after each feed).

She took the dummy the first time i gave it to her but it's now 5 days later and she doesn't even want it. I guess it's a good thing although sometimes she wants to be cuddled for hours on end instead of putting herself to sleep with the dummy.

Shell & Paige
  • Hi.. well its tuesday now and I do feel better than I did yesterday - but that could be because I was up all sunday night with 2 ill littleuns. - plus I was p'd off with hubby for saying that he had heard the kids screaming in the night but decided that I was coping and he should get as much sleep as poss as he had work in the morning - maybe I'm being unfair but I thought he could have at least offered to help!

As for dummies - I've tried 2 different ones - including the one that supposed to be the most natural - and Bryn hated them both! Thought it was worth a try though

Em x
  • Oh dear poor you Em!!

Cole slept for 7 hours last night!! He's starving this morning.. bottle at 5am, boob at 7 & 8.30 and now a bottle while I watch Jeremy Kyle! Today should be good for us..we are off to my cousins for tea..she's bought vienetta for us too!
  • we had a good night too. tom must of known i had been moaning about his dummy cus he didnt want it at all the night!

alioli, yes i am a nutter! i really dont know why i do things sometimes, its like im on a mission. i just cant rest even when i need to.

thanks for everyones replys concerning the dummies xx