Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Nappies

What kind of nappys are people using? We bought loads of pampers and I really liked, then someone told me to try tesco's own so we bought some to try and I must say they are just as good as pampers!! The only difference I found is they are a bit thicker (not much) and the velcro bit is a little thinner, just wondered what make of nappies everyone else is using and how they are finding them.
Well done kia for using reusables, your very brave!!!! xxx

Replies

• I have a huge stash of pampers and huggies as we bought them when on offer or to get extra points etc. have been told that Tesco own are ok, but steer clear of sainsbury's own, they leak everywhere!
  • I've always had Pampers, tried Huggies and friend gave me some Morrisons ones this week which are thicker and velcro tab bit tricky to open sometimes. I'd try Tescos if similar to Pampers.
    Stage 1 pampers in Boots are on 2 for ??6 and you get double advantage points (48) if in baby club. Bargain!
  • We got pampers and huggies initially but didn't like the pampers - they stuck to Coles bum so we've stuck with huggies.

Tried some more reusables again tonight and either we are doing something wrong or Cole is a champion at weeing! When he wees he soaks through the nappy so we end up changing the wrap too...so I think we don't have enough wraps! Definately sticking with disposables at night and out and about...far easier!
  • We use Pampers and I can't fault them. We stocked up while I was pregnant on every offer going and I'm so glad we did.

OH bought some Sainsburys own as they were cheap and 'oh my god' - it resulted in 3 changes of clothes, an emergency bath in the sink and a very unhappy baby! There are awful, thick and leak everywhere.

We've just stocked up on Pampers in Boots with the 2 for ??6 offer too.
  • Holly is onto size 2 nappies now and to be honest she will be moving up to size 3 fairly soon! I have about 50 size 2 nappies left and once they are finished I'll be going onto size 3's! I cannot believe how much Holly is growing lol Is everyone else still on size 1's???
  • hi amy, ryan is still in size 1s but he is getting big now so may have to move up soon! going clinic later to get him weighed and im scared they will tell me he is overweight!
    im on to huggies now as they r a bit more snug than the pampers newborn. although the bigger pampers are very different to the newborn and better than the bigger huggies...?!?odd
    xxx
  • Philip is in size 2 i just hope they fit him for a bit longer as i've got 4 packets to get through!! Can't seem to get on with huggies which is a bugger as all 4 packets are huggies!
  • Gracie was in size 2 then I saw the boots offer on Sat and she's back in size 1's! She's not outgrown them as she's very long and slim (doesn't get that from her mummy!) so I'm not a bad mum squishing her backside in cheaper nappies!
  • Cole is in size 1 nappies but we have used size 2 as well..they leaked a bit so we went back to size 1. They are starting to mark his legs a little if he's been asleep so we are gonna buy size 2's once he's pooped his way through the size 1's.
  • I had free samples of Huggies and Pampers and def preferred the pampers although there is also a brand called Libero out here (not sure if you get it in the UK?) and that is better then both of them. Brendan is still in size 1s but then he is only 2 weeks and 5 days so not surprising! The newborn clothes are still big on him even! He has gone up to 8lb 5oz now though so happy he is putting on weight.

Went to change him too early today, he had been very red in the face so thought better change him he has done a number 2! Looked in his nappy and managed to close it again quick as he decided to pee. Felt smug that I had caught it in time and took his nappy off only for him to poo all over his changing mat!! lol! Then he gave me a lovely big smile!!!! Little bugger! Lucky we love them so much isn't it!!!

L xxx
  • Ah bless them and their poos!
  • Violet has just gone into size 3's Pampers but they look enormous - she was 10lbs 4 when weighed last Tuesday so I thought she would be OK in them! They haven't leaked though and she is only going to get bigger every day so may just continue to put her in them!! Tried huggies and they leaked everywhere, and also tried boots own which seemed better than huggies but not as good as pampers.

Kia I reckon you need a special award for trying out reusables...I was so determined to do it, but I am not nearly enough sorted to cope with them yet...too busy trying to get the business up and running properly!
  • we are using tesco's nappies too. they are loads cheaper than pampers and huggies and you get loads more in a packet. we did try the boots ones which were similar and ive used pampers on and off with my first but definelty the tesco ones. we use the pull up ones from there as well for my nearly 2 year old and i cant fault them.

the one thing we use masses of is wipes, it might be because ive got two bums and mouths to wipe, but i have to buy 2 packets a week and with them i just buy whats on offer xx
  • I feel a bit better now knowing that Holly isn't the only one in size 2's! Rebecca your right about the amount of wipes you go through, we use about 2-3 packs a week. The johnston wipes are on offer in asda just now 6 for ??5 so deffo worth stocking up on. What kind of wipes is eeryone else using and how are you finding them? I liked the samle of pampers wipes but so far have only bought the johnston ones image Has anyone tried the huggy ones?
  • Last night i changed Philip's bum, just doing up the first popper on bodysuit when he did a huge poo! from experience i left it 10mins before being brave enough to open it up again! mid change, having wiped, aired and put on sudocream he poo'd again (only a little though!) so while trying to hold him out of it, grab a wipe and keep the dog away while laughing at him the little so and so wee'd all over his belly, so then hubby came to help, wiped the mat & his bum, started to clean his belly when he wee'd again! how does something so small have so much pee? worst of it was he had just had a bath! this pooing straight after a bath is becoming a habit of his!

Wipes - i've got 35 packets still in the cupboard as kept buying them from 20wks! Have a mixture of johnsons, huggies & pampers, my sil & friend both say johnsons for bum, pampers & huggies for faces etc, i have been using huggies on his bum but find them a bit wet & cold in the middle of the night! so using johnsons at night, Haven't used any pampers wipes yet, they are near the bottom of the box.

Sainsbury's also had Johnsons wipes on offer at half price but that was last week, might have finished now.
  • Last night i changed Philip's bum, just doing up the first popper on bodysuit when he did a huge poo! from experience i left it 10mins before being brave enough to open it up again! mid change, having wiped, aired and put on sudocream he poo'd again (only a little though!) so while trying to hold him out of it, grab a wipe and keep the dog away while laughing at him the little so and so wee'd all over his belly, so then hubby came to help, wiped the mat & his bum, started to clean his belly when he wee'd again! how does something so small have so much pee? worst of it was he had just had a bath! this pooing straight after a bath is becoming a habit of his!

Wipes - i've got 35 packets still in the cupboard as kept buying them from 20wks! Have a mixture of johnsons, huggies & pampers, my sil & friend both say johnsons for bum, pampers & huggies for faces etc, i have been using huggies on his bum but find them a bit wet & cold in the middle of the night! so using johnsons at night, Haven't used any pampers wipes yet, they are near the bottom of the box.

Sainsbury's also had Johnsons wipes on offer at half price but that was last week, might have finished now.
  • Obi- better to poo after the bath than poo in the bath!!

We have all sorts of wipes - asdas seem to be ok.. good job really as I just found loads of them!! Got huggies wipes downstairs - they are ok too but quite wet, johnson ones were cold at night and..um ..i think the pampers ones were okay - I can't remember cause they were the freebie ones and i used them in hospital! We try to use cotton wool and water in the daytime though rather than wipes.

Asda had their wipes on offer not so long ago - thats why I bought loads.
  • Cotton wool and water? Your brave kia! Good on you though, you deffo deserve a medal!! I like anything that makes my life easier image
    How often are you bathing your lo's? I top and tail Holly every day and bath her 3 times a week. Ive bathed her once in the big bath and am going to do it again tonight, she looks soo small in it bless her image We bought one of the fabric bath supports and its great means I won't be terrified when it comes to bathing her on my own lol is anyone else using supports ect or are babys still in baby baths?
  • We used cotton wool when he was newborn then went on to wipes and he got nappy rash so we went back to part cotton wool - I actually find it easier to clean him with cotton wool balls than wipes though.

We bath cole every night - well I hold him and hubby plays with him and washes him. We use the baby bath and a bath support
  • Do not go near Morrisons nappies-a lot of pee everywhere-poor little Alfie was soaked through! Will try Tescos if they are recommended.

Alfie has a bath daily because he pukes so much-all round his neck and in his hair-lovely!!!

We use a foam bath support in the bath as i find it just as easy as a baby bath. The supports are great as it gives you piece of mind that your lo isnt going to slip and slide everywhere!

Suz x