Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Moving

Ooohhhh Im sooooo excited! My partner has just been offered a job in Seville starting in March image We were originally planning on moving to France but looks like it might be Spain now. Its soooo exciting, I can't wait to bring Holly up in a nice warm country so she can play outside and get lots of fresh air. I think Im a bit mad though wanting to move with a few month old baby but Im sure it will all be fine?
My partner left his job the week Holly was born and we have 6 months for him to decide what job he wants to do and where we wil live ect I know we have planned this for what seems like forever but its all coming together now and feels sooo real! I don't know if Im more excited or nervous!!

Replies

• I'm soooooo jealous!!! Go for it!
    We'd love to move to Spain but teachers' pay is a lot, lot, lot less than here and we're both teachers so we'd be skint!
    It'd be great bringing Holly up in the warmth. Do you speak Spanish? You'd soon pick it up if not and so many speak English over there. Any more jobs going for my hubby?!
  • How exciting! Me and my oh made the plunge in Nov 06 to move to Norway as it was somewhere we had always wanted to live with hot summers and proper winters. Best advice I can give you is to just go for it!!! We have not looked back once and have a much better quality of life over here.

Congratulations to you and your hubby!!

Lxxx
  • Congratulations!! Several of my friends and the daughter of my parents friends have moved to spain over the last few years and all absolutely love it, one friend lives in a converted bus up in the mountains and lives a fairly self sufficient lifestyle, haven't seen her for about 5 years but last time i did she was loving it and not planning on coming back to england for a long time.

You are not mad, take the bull by the horns and go for it!, just remember to get broadband so you can get on here and let us all know how fantastic the spainish lifestyle is and make us green with jealousy!
  • Oh how exciting for you. Don't worry about moving with a small baby - my parents went to papua new guinea for 3 years when I was 2 and my brother was 8 months ago..and that was..ummmm 28 or 29 years ago. Probably 29 years seeing as I'll be 32 next month!

Go for it.. it'll be a great experience and its good for kids to have the chance to learn another language from an early age.
  • Thanks everyone, it is such a dramatic change for us, oh was in the RAF and was facing being about 7 months of year in not nice places so when I found out I was pregnant we looked into civvy jobs and employers were biting his hands off so we made the desicion he should leave and start a new life for us all in the sun.
    I speak a little French (from school lol) but not a word of Spanish!! Might be time to get out the language books! The good thing is there will be a house there ready for us to move into and then if we want to buy over there we have loads of time ect. It is very exciting but also scary, at least there are others over there in the same situation though, apparently there a loads of ex pats so I won't be totally alone!
    As for the phone line that will deffo be one of the first things lol I'd be lost without the internet!!
    Thanks for the support girls, this site really is great xxx