Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

What cravings has everyone got?

Hi just wondering what everyone was craving for and if any are strange, for the past 3 days i have been craving raw turnip i can eat a whole one in a day just crunching it down is great i have been to somerfield every day and bought and eaten one, just talking about it now is making me want some lol
vikki xx

Replies

• Never heard of that one before!

I've wanted tinned tomatoes when I was getting over my morning sickness and now I could happily eat a whole water melon a day!!

The strangest one I've heard is my sister in law who wanted to and did in fact eat shoe polish image She also sniffed tea towels all day and chomped on ice cubes all day.

Luckily I'm not craving anything like that or any fatty foods like I did with other lo. I mostly eat fresh fruit and veg and main meal and that keeps me satisfied - luckily!!!

Karys 19+2weeks.

[Modified by: ~yummy_mummy~ on January 21, 2008 05:05 PM]
  • HI karys, my friend when she was pg she wanted to eat chalk and she did only white chalk weird eh

my SIL went around sniffing hand soap, and ive heard of coal but shoe polish thats horrible imagine the taste eeeewwww lol

with my first it was apples and water my second was orange lucozade and mint choc chip ice cream but this time its something different every week lol
    and im only 14 weeks tomorrow
    vikki xx
  • Tomato soup. that is really about it, though i have been indulging in everything i would not normally eat pre pregnancy! its great!
    Fee 31+2
  • lol. I've heard of chalk being craved. They say when you crave something it indicates what the baby needs or your body is lacking, chalk is calcium...I would think that apples mean sugar and vitamin C...the ice cream indicates sugar and calcium cuz milk is in ice cream... I have no idea what shoes polish or coal represents though!!
  • Went through a faze of KFC then a bacon doublecheeseburger faze - now its tooty fruitees, fruit pastilles and milk!
  • Went through a faze of KFC then a bacon doublecheeseburger faze - now its tooty fruitees, fruit pastilles and milk!
  • cadburys cream eggs i love em!!1 x