Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

headaches

I am 12 weeks pregnant and am starting to get some monster headaches.

They are right across the front of my head and are proper starting to piss me off now.
They come on real quick, and don't last long either. They can be as often as 5 times a day.

Eating seems to help, but that can't be a practical solution lol.

Any ideas?

Replies

• your alowed paracetamol love this helpped me! xx
  • hi elsbeth ive had headaches for weeks went to docs and its the hormones unfortunately, my doc said paracetamol are fine to take once you are twelve weeks as baby is fully formed eating also helped mine so im eating loads at the mo so gonna be size of a house lol

xxx
  • i can take Co-codamol for the pelvic pain so maybe that will help as well
  • I had massive headaches but seem to have shifted now, there are lots of posts if you look back as it is a common ailment (although one I was completely unaware of).I was advised by my mw that soluble paracetamol were safe to take although they didn't do much for me. Sounds like eating could be your solution cos they come on so rapidly then go away but very important to make sure you drinking lots of water too, try to drink at least 2 litres. Hope this helps. xx
  • I sleep mine off, luckily DS still naps for 2/3 hours so I try and make the most of it.
  • I use that 4head stuff that you just rub over your forehead - its brilliant - no need to take anything - and you can top it up as you need it. I have in my handbag at all times - has been a life saver!
  • Whats in the 4 head stuff do you know as in the active ingreadiant? xx
  • I wouldnt take co-codamol for the headaches, i had really bad headaches and saw the doctor about them and he said the only thing pregnant women can take is paracetemol and co-codamol but not co codamol for headaches as they have codeine in and can bring on worse headaches as they are a symptom of codiene, i hope that makes sense! x