Forum home Babies Baby

IN THE NIGHT GARDEN

Please someone tell me I am not the only one who thinks this a great kids tv programme???!!! Came across it the other day on bbc2 at 10am every morning, then looked it up on cbeebees and its on there too! I got very excited, lol!! I found myself sitting with my 11 week old today watching it and actually laughing out loud...I started to worry myself!

This week I have noticed loads of stuff on it in the shops....was very tempted to buy the books and the toy train thing in boots!!! I love having a baby, it gives you an excuse to watch and buy these sorts of things and reminds me of what it was like to be little...all so innocent!

Anyone else into In The Night Garden or am I the only sad Mum??!!

Replies

• hehe no ur not the only sad one lol my 13 week old daughter loves it, i think its the music and bright colours that she likes. she watched it over at a friends house and was amazed by it, so we now watch it most nights on cbeebies at 6.30ish. i like Igglepiggle, have u seen igglepiggle dancing toy? it looks so cool! im not sure wether my lo is too young for it tho?!?
  • Your not alone!I agree with you, In The Night Garden is really good.
    My baby boy isnt even born yet and i seem to find myself sitting there and watching it.
    My mum loves it too. She thinks its really cute and cant wait till i have my boy so they can watch it together. My dog even seems to sit there and watch it aswell. Its all very strange. Haha.

It is a very good programme tho i have to say. Spesh for babies and young children.
    xxx
  • oh thank god, i thought i might be starting to loose the plot a bit! it is so cute and much better than telebtubbies imo!!!
    Hannah, I havent seen the dancing toy but will probably end up buying it...for myself image My lo is probably too young at the mo but hey ho! He'll soon be big enough to play with them all. I dont know all the names yet but sure i will by the end of the month. image
  • you can get the cup plate and knife and fork set for ??10 in argos just got it for my god son! x
  • I love in the night garden and so does jayden hes only 15 weeks but its the only half hour piece and quiet I get lol...was thinking of buying the DVD!
  • We have to have baby tv (sky channel 623) on 24/7. My lo is 6 months and has watched it since being 4 weeks old. She sits there with a big smile on her face when her favourite songs or characters come on. And there was me saying I would never sit my child in front of the tv......

• We love it too! haha
    Ruby got Igglepiggle, Upsadaisy & MakaPaka teddies for Christmas.

xxx
  • Poppy loves it too!! I sit her in her high chair to watch it (tv is on the wall high up!) and she sits there kicking her legs like crazy!!
    I bought her a book with all the rhymes and songs in in and when I read her the Makka Pakka one she laughs her head off!! It's way too cute!
    xx
  • I think it's funny too, but the thing I think is the best is the fact that it's a middle aged man singing all the songs, surely he must feel such an idiot!!!!
  • oh wow i love it too! i always have it on of a morning even if evie is asleep! lol. my husband thinks im a loony as im always humming the theme tune around the house without realising! xx
  • Both of mine love it too. Amys 2 & she loves it when its time for them all to dance so she can join in. Shes even started to say the wee rhymes with the characters as they say them. Zaras only 9 weeks but even she loves sitting watching it already. We got Amy all the wee beanies & the wee characters & the Ninky Nonk & she has them all sitting in her room. I must go & see if I can get her the cup, plate , knife & fork set though as a wee treat. I must have missed that one!!!

Hilary x
  • hi. god, in the night garden is on 24/7 in my house. my 2 year old girl and my 8 month old boy love it but my 3 other boys who are obviously older hate it and get relegated to upstairs. as soon as we get home from taking the boys to school it goes on. we got rosie the dvds for xmas plus the teddies. but i must say that i love it as well. it's a pleasent programme compared to power rangers that my other boys like. xxx
  • hi. god, in the night garden is on 24/7 in my house. my 2 year old girl and my 8 month old boy love it but my 3 other boys who are obviously older hate it and get relegated to upstairs. as soon as we get home from taking the boys to school it goes on. we got rosie the dvds for xmas plus the teddies. but i must say that i love it as well. it's a pleasent programme compared to power rangers that my other boys like. xxx
  • Haydn loves it too, he sits in his bouncy chair kicking his legs all the way through. Sometimes we catch the end of Boogie Beebies and I sit him on my knee and copy the dance moves. (He is 21 weeks now) He loves showing people his air guitar moves, he has people in stitches and laughs along with them!! (The air violin and air trombone get a giggle too)
  • Hi to all, Yep! Hubby, Tahlia & I are totally hooked on it too...
    What a wicked programme... image
    Our babs is 13 weeks old and loves it, saying that so does our 9 year old, 11 year old & 13 year old.
    Poor MakaPaka got renamed by accident the other day in our house. I have a blocked ear at the mo due to a cold so I can't hear too well. I was watching it the other day and misheard. I looked at hubby really shocked and said he just swore, he just called himself MuthaF****!!!
    Hubby fell about laughing at me!!! Worst thing is the name has stuck in my head and now that's all I hear when I'm watching it....oh dear!!!
    Sarah xx
  • i saw some of it for the first time this morning, jessica is 9 months ols watched a bit then carried on with her toys, i was the one left sat watching it.
  • Lol, Im so glad Im not the only one! My OH sat and watched it today with my LO and even laughed at bits of it which suprised me! When I originally told him about it he thought I was nuts!!! I am going to have to go and buy the dvds and toys for him I think! Upsey daisy is all i ever seem to be saying these days...its so catching!!!
  • Love it! Love it! Love it! My LO is 10 mths old and sits there mesmerised by the characters, laughing and smiling to the tunes. We have 2 episodes on our sky+ planner and always put it on after she's been in the bath as it calms her down ready for bed.
    Mel x
    btw i'm convinced igglepiggle and upsydaisy are having it off!!
  • I have a 2 year old and an 8 week old - 2 year old loves it but I'm afraid I'm going out on a limb here - I can't bear it! Give me Pocoyo any day!! .

Mel - you're probably right - but then upsydaisy is a bit of a tart - she'll kiss anyone and anything!!! lol