Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

morning sickness any tips

Hi

I am nearly 8 wks pregnant and im suffering from mornin sickness.

Im only managing to eat a small meal a very small meal in the evening nothing during the day and not drinking no where near as much as i should do.

Does anyone have any tips to help with morning sickness

thanks

Kelly
http://bd.lilypie.com/eFbU0/.png

Replies

• I no its hard but it is so important that u drink during pregnancy as u dnt want to get dehydrated. Dnt over face urself with meals just try to have lil snacks often throughout the day. Ginger biscuits are supposed to be gud. If a pregnant woman gets too tired and too hungry it can bring on sickness so try and rest plenty and eat, even though its hard. Not much more advise that can be offered, if ur suffering really bad u shud go c ur gp or ask mw for advise. Other than that honey im afraid u have 2 grin and bare it, its all part and parcel of been pregnant, and will eventually pass (hopefully). Gud Luck Kerry xxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev183pf___.png

• hey babe, don't panic too much... it is horrible, i'm still having it at 12 weeks and hoping that it'll pass soon(!)

i'm sure you'll find things that work for you but here are things that have helped me...

just eat what (if anything) you fancy whenever you fancy it

eat soft stuff that doesn't hurt you if it comes back (sorry if tmi) rice pudding and apple puree worked for me

get some seasickness armbands theya re about ??7 from chemists, they don't stop me being sick but do minimise the nausea

everyone says it but ginger biscuits nibbled every two hours kind of helps

if you are taking vitamins, take them before you go to bed, thats they only way i keep them

rest when you can, if you feel horrendous stay in bed (if you can)

if you start getting really dry lips or skin or haven't kept fluids down for a while go check it out with your doctor

i know it feels awful, i still feel like a big puddle of useless and look terrible but am really hoping its goign to start easing soon.

good luck babe. x
  • My friend had really bad sickness. She just ate very small meals every few hours and swears by glucose tabs. I found the glucose tabs a little sweet to be honest

Good Luck xx
  • Hi,

Thanks for tips ill try some of them out and see.

The problem is, i don't feel like eating at all, i have to force myself of an evening so tht is probably not helping the situation at all.

I try and drink as much as I can but it just comes back up, so a nightmare really.

I will mention it to midwife when I have my booking which will prob be next week.

This is my 3rd pregnancy but sadly I miscarried last one but I do have a 5 yr old lilttle boy, I just cant remember it being as bad as this with him.

thanks you

Kelly

• Hi,

Thanks for tips ill try some of them out and see.

The problem is, i don't feel like eating at all, i have to force myself of an evening so tht is probably not helping the situation at all.

I try and drink as much as I can but it just comes back up, so a nightmare really.

I will mention it to midwife when I have my booking which will prob be next week.

This is my 3rd pregnancy but sadly I miscarried last one but I do have a 5 yr old lilttle boy, I just cant remember it being as bad as this with him.

thank you

Kelly

• oh honey, it sounds awful, sorry to hear about your miscarriage. i know how you feel about not feeling like ating at all - def speak to the mw and feel free to give me a yell if you need someone to go blah with!!!
  • Every one copes differently babe but for me nothing stopped ot but these did help. Very hot or very cold drinks. HOt cup a soups and lots of ice in drinks and ice lollies. I could keep fluids down sometimes though.Loads of packets of crisps this in turn makes you thirsty which is good. I went off most foods but by 20 weeks i started to eat meat again, was just eating bread pasta and rice. I started taking pregnacare multi vitamins becouse my diet was so appalling. If you can not keep fluids down though you really need to see your midwife or your doctor as it can be quite serious. I have to say though you will get over it and you will laugh about it. I remember crying sometimes with the wretching and now i look back and think oh well i got over it. Being sick is vile though i have started feeling sick again past few weeks (due next week) and it all comes flooding back so i can sympathise. When i was sick as achild my mum used to give me lucozade a it was the only tthing i could keep down and at the age of 34 it still works. goodluck x
  • Ice pops/lollies and rich tea biscuits were the only things I could take some days.

Just remember that it WILL pass - I had really bad nausea until around 12 weeks and it had more or less passed by 14 weeks.

Good luck - I'm feeling for you!
    Kx
  • i think i must be a bit of a veteran of morning sickness. i am 36 weeks and still have it. basically it is caused by low sugar levels which is why most people have it in the morning. you will probably be fed up of people telling you to eat ginger biscuits lol. i would keep some sugary biscuits by your bed so you can nibble in the night or first thing. if you can take your time getting up (easier said than done) get someone to bring you toast and a cuppa in bed. try to have breaky if you can as brushing your teeth on an empty stomach can be terrible. try eating little and often and avoid fatty or spicy foods. try to take as much liquid as you can but if your still struggling speak to your mw as its important you dont get dehydrated.

fingers crossed it will go soon

take care

Chris
  • Hi girls,

Thanks for reply, I am at the mo trying icepoles and ice in drinks sometimes it works and other times it doesnt.

My mw is coming out to my house on friday to do my booking so ill mention everything to her then.

Thanks for the tips

Kelly