Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Been in hospital over night, really down in the dumps...

Hi ladies,

just been through a really scary and upsetting 24 hours and need to off load as poor hubby doesn't need it....

I'm 27 weeks today and not had the best of pregnancies, last night a got a tight burning sensation at the top of my bump which I thought was heartburn, very quickly it got a lot worse and spread across the top of my bump, peanut is a little bugger sometimes and gets wedged in spots so I thought it was him, I got a hot water bottle and laid down with it on the spot, he was there and moved but the pain then intensified and really kicked in, it spread around into my back and I started to struggle to catch my breath and couldn't sit, stand or lie down. From the first twinge to 45 minutues later I was doubled in pain in the bathroom unable to do anything but cry in pain, it absolutley terrified me, I have never experienced anything like it.

My poor hubby didn't know what to do and really started to panic and wanted to call an ambulance as he had never seen me like it, even in labour with our daughter. We only live a 6 minute drive so I said it would be quicker to drive, threw some clothes off, got our neighbour over to take care of chloe and raced off....

The hospital were fantastic they didn't fob me off or make me feel I was over reacting they took me right in and said they wouldn't take any chances and gave me a shot of steroids to help mature his lungs and admitted me. They said it was either pre term contractions or where I've had a bit of an upset tummy they thought my large bowel had gone into spasm also causing my uterus to go into spasm, it was waves of pain that built up and then went down, like contractions but not, so weird...

Now I'm all for teaching hospitals but I have to say by the third attempt to find my cervix and then nearly putting her finger through it (even the registrar shouted at her saying your gonna end up giving her a sweep and putting her into full blown labour) I had had enough, but held it together...

Then all of a sudden after a really bad 20 minutes it just stopped...all in all it lasted 5 hours... I finally got to sleep about 5am to be got up at 6.30am to start tests...

So after a day today with many blood tests another steriods shot and no more contractions I have finally been allowed home...

The jury is still out on whether it was contractions or bowel and uterus spasms but the blood tests found some issues with my liver which they are following up this week so I'm back weds and thurs...

I have crawled under my duvet, eaten a mars bar and had a good cry...

keep your fingers crossed for me that it doesn't hapen again...

I have had a stern talking to my son but I don't think he really listened...boys!!!

thanks for reading I feel better for getting it out....

roll on May 12th

xxxxx

Replies

• bloomin 'eck, how long was that!!!
  • Oh my god how frightning for you. My sister in law started with contractions at 28 weeks and they gave her steroids they managed to stop the contractions and she gave birth at 32 weeks to a healthy 4 pounder her first child was born at 31 weeks . She ended up in a hospital over an hour awy as there was no special care beds etc. it was very traumatic. I am also keeping my fingers crossed for you. Take it easy and make sure every one looks after you x
  • Im so sorry to hear about that, you and oh must have been so worried. Iv got my fingers crossed your lo stays in there a while longer. Look after yourself xxx
  • OMG babe! You have been through it aint you. Thank god they looked after you properly though and fingers crossed they find out what caused it by your tests and can treat whatever is wrong with your liver.
    Thinking of you hun, Love Lee xxxxx
  • MY GOODNESS WHAT A PALAVA! It seems that we all seem to be having issues at the moment Purplebabes i feel for you baby was spine to spine last night ontop of my SPD and Scaitica playing up uit was hellish and was in soooo much pain all i could do was cry image not the same type of pain but i can feel for you in the sense of it was out of my controll and nothing i did eased it we were even poking baby to get them to move so will come out with a black eye lol hahaha good luck 2moro thinking of you!
  • Hi Purplebabes,

This is awful, I can't imagine how frightened you must have been. Fingers crossed pet that this was just your LO playing an early april fools trick on you (albeit very early!) & he decides to stay comfy & cooking in your oven!

Best of luck & take care & more mars bars & tears your allowed!
    Lauren (32+6) xoxo
  • Hi Purplebabes, monkey moos just loves giving you the scares doesn't he. I'm thankful you were cared for staight away, just make sure they do everything necessary to ensure you are okay. I'm 15 weeks now , can you believe how time flies!
    Wishing you all the best. roll on May the 12th!!
    Love Jess
  • Hope everything is ok today Purplebabes. You had the right idea - eating chocolate and curling up in the duvet!
    Big hugs.
  • Thanks everyone for all your messages...

After spending yesterday hiding under my duvet with lots of choccy and having a good sob I'm feeling lots better...

I feel better now I've had a few days with nothing happening and feeling more confident that my little monkey is gonna stay in there for a good while yet....
    Got blood tests tomorrow for my liver and then an MOT on friday with my midwife...

Jess I can't believe your 15 weeks now...
    I did tell the midwife on monday with the awful pregnancy I've had he is gonna be in the naughty corner from the day he's born until he's around 4!!!!!

thanks again for your support girls...

xxxxxxx

I tell you what there is NO WAY I'm having any more babies after this....If my hubby even suggests it I'll give him a vasectomy in is sleep, ha ha....
  • Ha ha ha - have also given the threat of 2 bricks and a pair of nail scissors after this one lol

Love Lee
    xxxxx