Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Why! Why! Why ....

Can I not stop crying!!!!

I found out yesterday that I am to have another beautiful boy but I cant stop crying!!!!! I do suffer from depression but am being treated for it so dont know where these extreme emotions are coming from.

I know I thought I was going to have a girl but I really am just as happy to be having a boy so I cant get my head round why I have got sooooo emotional all of a sudden.

It was a really shit start to the week with fighting the council and having physio assessment for SPD so thought having the wonderful experience I had yesterday would make things better but for some reason it all feels worse. I have gone major over-protective of my older sons and feel like at the moment nothing is good enough for all 3 of my boys (this includes bump) ! It doesnt help that my teenager was out on his 1st proper date yesterday with his 16 year old girlfriend!!!!! Last night I even fell asleep in bed with my 6 yr old coz I didnt want him out of my sight.

I feel like something is missing and just cant get my head around it.

Has anyone else felt like this after their 20 wk scan?

Love Lee
xxxxx

Replies

• Lee

you poor sweet hunny... I can suffer from depression too and cry like i'm never going to stop, really sob, I just get down and dont have a reason to explain it i just feel very overwhelmed with sadness and cry & cry &cry...

You have had a lot on your plate this week and even though your happy to be having a boy its still a change from what you had planned in your heart and head it doesnt mean your dissapointment just feels like another change to cope with when your already feeling low...

you have got a child who is becoming a man which is frighternening for any mother at the best of times so i'm not surprised your feeling protective...

things will and do get better just remember to take care of you when your having the rought times and i know you think its your job to look after everyone else but if your not well you just wont be able xxxx thinking of you xxx
  • Hey bud, what have you been doing today???? If you're upset you must ring me!!!! None of this 3 kids & hubby crap. My hubby on nights!!!!!

Your big 'un is fine!! He's got a sensible head on his shoulders.

Anywho, I only came across you while browsing. I was posting on trying for a baby, attempting to get info on trying to conceive after Depo, but that's another story. We'll speak when I come to do your feet. You sound like you need it. xxxx

Love from,

You know who xx
  • Hey bud, what have you been doing today???? If you're upset you must ring me!!!! None of this 3 kids & hubby crap. My hubby on nights!!!!!

Your big 'un is fine!! He's got a sensible head on his shoulders.

Anywho, I only came across you while browsing. I was posting on trying for a baby, attempting to get info on trying to conceive after Depo, but that's another story. We'll speak when I come to do your feet. You sound like you need it. xxxx

Love from,

You know who xx
  • Hey I just wanted to say hope you are feeling better soon. It could just be the shock of having another boy. I SO wanted and expected a girl I was shocked when they told me it was a boy, however I was just as happy, just so shocked. I am sure u are a great mum and have nothing to worry about xxxx
  • how are you now hon? x
  • Pregnancy!!!
    Isn't it great?!?!
    It's like baking - it just takes a few ingredients called emotions, puts them into a big mixing bowl & stirs them up. They get all churned about & end up leaving you feeling like two ends of nothing!

A good cry & a chat is what you need oh & some chocolate- the 3 C's! I started crying the other day & for an hour I couldn't stop until I began laughing hysterically at myself- i'm sure this baby is wondering what on earth it's being born into!

Hope your feeling better soon love.
    Lauren (33+2) xoxox

• You may have noticed my bezzie mate has appeared on BE - Betty78 and is probably gonna put a rocket up my arse today when she gets hold of me!!!!!

I think this stuff with my big one has freaked me out more than I could imagine! He is a sensible boy but I know this is gonna be his 1st serious love (you know the one I mean!!!!) and its just sooo bloody grown up and here I am with another one in my tummy at the complete opposite end of the scale!

It didnt help that my cousin (jokingly) said "he could make you a grandmother soon ha ha" AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Love Lee
  • Hi, I was te same when I found out I was having a boy and not a girl - dont have the answer sorry
  • Hi chick....

These damned pregnancy hormones can turn us into complete and utter loonies at regular intervals...

My Oh says he nevers knows wha to expect, what makes me laugh one day can make me cry another....

I'm sure you'll feel a whole lot better in a few days...

It's also really hard having to let go of our kids as they grow up, your son has reached a point in his life which doensn't need mum and you know you won't be able to protect from the hurt that happens in relationships.....I dread my daughter starting to date and she's only 4, ha ha!!!!

xxx
  • its all your hormones that make u emotional just for no reason u cry but then somedays your happy then back to crying again its really weird is'nt it ive been quite lucky i have'nt been so emotional in this preg.
    abbie,hope+bluebump 31wk+1