Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

would you class hiccups as movments ?

hi ladies

im 38 weeks and baby get hiccups a lot would you class theses as movements?
thank cherie

Replies

• Hi Cherie! Not sure really! I suppose so though cos you are feeling movement that's coming from your baby. I'm 38 wks also and my lo has hiccups all the time! Love Rachel XXX
  • Yes for sure - they include any movement such as hiccups. Means the baby's well and doing it's thing!

I can never tell when mine has hiccups though - 4th pregnancy and don't think I've ever identified them!
  • what do they feel like? Cause i cant tell when she has them.
    id have thought that they'd be classed as movements x
  • Hey ladies, I am 36+4 and been feeling hiccups for about a month and a half now. The best way to describe them would be to imagine a light tapping inside your stomach. My lo normally starts if I startle her, or drink something fizzy like lemonade. It's cute for the most part, but not when I'm trying to watch something on TV!
  • Hey ladies, I am 36+4 and been feeling hiccups for about a month and a half now. The best way to describe them would be to imagine a light tapping inside your stomach. My lo normally starts if I startle her, or drink something fizzy like lemonade. It's cute for the most part, but not when I'm trying to watch something on TV!