Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

16 weeks scan

Hi,
babybond do a 16 week one, I had mine yesterday and I'm having a blue one. they do them all over the country and it cost 75 quid. Hope that helps. x

Replies

• Hi Mell18 or any one - do anyone know where you can go to get a 16 week gender scan ?

look forward to your comments
    :\?
  • Hi Alfra,

Not sure but they told us the sex of our lo at our 20 week scan and then we had a 4d scan at 30 weeks
  • go to you hospital and go into epac i told them i thought something was wrong and they told me the sex of my baby at 16 weeks hope this helps

lucy x
  • That's wrong! What a waste of the NHS time and money!

If it is purely cosmetic to find out the sex, you should wait til the 20 week scan and have it done free, or pay! People who need treatment more than someone who is pretending could have used the doctors attention more than someone who just wanted to find out the sex of the baby!
  • I found out that i was having a boy at my 20 week scan.
    I agree with samantha, it is wrong to pretend that you think there is something wrong with your baby to get another scan. I had suspected miscarriages at 6 weeks, 10 weeks and 14 weeks thankfully i was scanned straight away to make sure aaron was ok but i would be devastated if i would have had to wait longer because somebody else had lied just to find out the sex of their baby 4 weeks earlier than the normal 20 week scan.
    Thinking that something is wrong or your loosing your baby is the worst feeling i have ever felt in my whole life and you shouldn't trivialise the health of your unborn baby by pretending you think somethings wrong.
  • Absolutely agree Samantha8 and Aaron2006!! Well said! Mum@17 I hope you dont recommend this method to your friends, what a waste and how very dishonest. I hope your baby was ok and you got the gender you were after though, I'd hate you to be disappointed after all the trouble you went to. (Ps in case you were mistaken, last my comment IS sarcastic)
  • that is shockin. i could never say somthin like that incase somthin actually was wrong next time. i would feel so guilty.
    claire im goin 2 baby bond on the 20th at 16 wks exactly. when did u go? they said they may not be able 2 tell best 2 wait till 18 wks.
  • It quite sickens me to think people would lie about thinking there is something wrong with their child just to find out the sex, what is the world coming to??!! could it not have waited until 20 weeks. I'm lost for words really.

Alfra0002 - I believe you have to pay for a 16 week scan but i'm not too sure, does your hospital not do gender scans at 20 weeks? as I know some places don't.

C
  • Hi in my area they try to find out at the 20 week scan, although those 4d ones are s'posed to be very good.

I had lots of dealings with epac with my last pregnancy and this one, and I can't believe that some people use them to fibd out the gender. I had bleeding two weeks ago and referred to epac and they were great, although I had to wait a long time for my scan, they day i went it looked like quite a few people were being told the worse, I would hate to think that they had to wait all that time to hear bad news because people were abusing the system. Fortunately i was told all was okay but it doesn't stop you worrying.

• Hi in my area they try to find out at the 20 week scan, although those 4d ones are s'posed to be very good.

I had lots of dealings with epac with my last pregnancy and this one, and I can't believe that some people use them to fibd out the gender. I had bleeding two weeks ago and referred to epac and they were great, although I had to wait a long time for my scan, they day i went it looked like quite a few people were being told the worse, I would hate to think that they had to wait all that time to hear bad news because people were abusing the system. Fortunately i was told all was okay but it doesn't stop you worrying.

• hi we were going to have a private sexing scan at 17 week ( the private one i've used b4 do it at 17) but a lot do it from 16. mine charge ??50 for the sexing scan. u just need to look up ur private hospitals in ur area or just type it in google thats what i did! but i have my 20 week scan date through now and its only 3 weeks more i have to wait to find out so i'll prob not bother going for the private one depends how patient my oh is! as hes the one that is so excited to find out! this is our first so we r very excited about everything!! also just check that ur nhs hospital does tell u the sex at 20 weeks cos some hospitals aren't allowed to tell u! the one i was going to go to doesn't tell u. luckily the one i am at does! hope this helps xxx
  • Of course I have to agree that using an emergency appointment just to find out the sex of your baby is totally wrong.

I had a private scan done because my area won't tell the sex of the baby. In fact they have signs everywhere telling you not to ask! We couldn't wait so paid for the privilege. But the place I went to (may have been a Babybond - something like that anyway) don't do it until 22 weeks because it's not so accurate before that. Between 22 and 32 weeks it's 97% accurate. Not sure what the accuracy is before or after but it may be better to wait so you know for certain. We definitely know we're having a boy - it was there for all to see!