Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what we buying??

Morning all scrummy mummys to be!

am 31+5 and just placed my order for the bugaboo cameleon (ouch!) was just wondering is there anyone else that is getting one? If not what is everone buying??

xxxxx

Replies

• Iv ordered the silver cross 3d in pistachio (sp) ??338 including car seat!!!
    XxX
  • We like the Silver Cross where did you get yours from?
  • i got a graco one cant remember what its called was ??230 with car seat in sale

xx
  • i got it from a website called the baby, i was undecided at first between the Quinny and silver cross but gone for the silver cross as its just so cosy and comfy!!!
    XxX
  • I have ordered the Mamas & Papas X Cel in Polka with carry cot, car seat, seat unit, changing bag, parasol, rain covers....blah blah oh & foot muff! In total it came to over ??700 & i'm now wondering why on Earth i've got it as it's quite big & bulky oops!
    Lauren (35+4) xxx
  • i've got the Mia Moda trio travel system, includes carry cot and car seat in the green colour, much nice than it looks on the mothercare website, whole lot cost ??179.99, with free p&p
  • wow you ladies know your stuff,didnt have much time to do my reserch and as i only have about 6 weeks left (90% chance of another c-section) I think I just paniked and bought it on how cool it looks hope i wont be disapointed with it!
  • Hi

We are just about to order the cameleon as well, we live in the Lakes so needed something to withstand fairly rough terrain although I am not one to be running up the fells lol.
    I looked at loads of different systems, had the Quinny 1xl for my first child but I hated it, then had the Quinny Zapp which was ok but didnt recline so no good really and used to get stuck in the lovely cobbled streets of Kendal so I didnt want another Quinny, I also looked at Mountain Buggy (to big), the BabyJogger (brill for getting up and down but looks ugly) and the Icandy Apple (too heavy and I couldnt collapse it easy)

Didnt want to look at the Bugaboo as I thought it was just a fashion accessorie BUT OMG its fantastic, does everything we want it to, rough terrain, sand and its easy to collapse.
    What I will say is to shop around, and I mean shop around, we have been contacting places throughout the country for the best deals, no-one discounts the pushchair but they will discount the accessories/car seat/iso fix base etc, and we have saved at least ??150 so far, so persevere.
    Still we had to cancel our holiday to Bulgaria as we were due to go the week I am due, so I can justify the price based on that lol.......................beans on toast for the rest of the year mind lol.
  • my mum is getting us the mamas & papas pilko pramette with all the bits that go with it car seat and base, rain cover etc its all on offer in argos at the mo the whole lot for ??300 so i told her to get her butt down there and get it lol
  • i bought the pilko pramette 2 years ago with my first n its still like new.. best pram out there i think fab 4 newborns easy to fold light and cosy in winter! im using it for this one on the way!
  • i bought the pilko pramette 2 years ago with my first n its still like new.. best pram out there i think fab 4 newborns easy to fold light and cosy in winter! im using it for this one on the way!
  • My friend said she had a mamas and papas one and she really liked it. Someone else really recommended it too. Think we might go and have a play tomorrow.
  • My friend said she had a mamas and papas one and she really liked it. Someone else really recommended it too. Think we might go and have a play tomorrow.
  • hi i have got the quinny buzz in pink and orange as we know we are having a little girl,also bought the maxi cosi car seat that can fit on the quinny frame.Just gotta get the footmuff and changing bag now n i'm sorted!
  • Hi emmab1,

We have just ordered a bugaboo cameleon too. I was put off initially by the price (obviously!) and that I thought it was all just a fashion but having done the research it is the only one that fulfills all our needs! We decided to take the plunge and just get it ordered!

I agree that you need to shop around. We ordered it from twoleftfeet because they had a package with the car seat and attachments and the footmuff which was a saving of ??150 (compared to John Lewis). I'm still only 24 weeks but the offer is likely to run out and we didn't want to miss out!

We haven't got it yet but can't wait to play! We decided on the dark grey and orange. Having a boy but wanted to keep it neutral just in case there is another child to come later!
  • I have a bugaboo chameloen that I bought when I had Millie (now 18 months) and it is absolutely fantastic. It will go any where, is a dream to push, and she loves it as the seat is quite high up so she can see really well. The spoilt child actually moans if she has to use her maclaren holliday pushchair for any reason as she is too low down! Those of you who haven't yet ordered one might like to know that Mothercare have got 20% off last years colours at the minute so it might be worth a look.
    As I am now expecting number two the bugaboo is going to have to be retired for the time being (sob, sob), we are buying a Phil and Ted's to fit both children in.
  • My mum bought me a stokke explory from the baby show on saturday, so excited, its soo cool!! Rather pricey was ??500 including free car seat but well worth it. We live in London so its idea cos its high up and away from fumes and collapsable so you can easilty get it on to buses and escalators, it also double up as a highchair too which is really handy living in town - can't wait for it to arrive now!
  • Hi, I'm collecting a 2nd hand mamas and papas ultima carrycot / seat on mpx chassis - for only ??100 two years old = love the look of the quinny buzz in pink/orange too but can't afford it and only want a pram for the first 5 months = it will allow a buggyboard on for my toddler too and will change it at 6 months for an umbrella style one that doesn't take up much room in the car. chelle x
  • Hi All! We're going for Silver Cross 3d - think its just under ??300 in Mothercare - its a 3-in-1...pram, pushchair & car seat, which is just what we're looking for & size/weight is fine for us too!
    I do like some of the new Mamas & Papas ones though, but DH has made his mind up and i can't be arsed with taking him pram shopping again!!!
  • I am going to get a Mamas and Papas Switch Pliko one. Its only just out and has loads of good features. Its pattern is a bit rubbish but has been released in other countries previously and can get it on internet in wide range of designs....