Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

constipation

Ladies,
My wife is 8 weeks pregnant with our first baby, but she has not needed to go the toilet. Does anyone have the same problem. Has anyone got any remedies that will be ok.

Replies

• hello
    I always have constiapation and since being preg it is alot worse. I am 11 weeks and the best things are:
    Branflakes
    Prunes (or any dried fruit)
    potatoes
    baked beans
    and if they dont work if she speaks to her doc and they will prescribe a thing called fybogel, it comes in a sachet and you just mix it with water and have 2 a day. Its totally natural so wont do baby any harm. And my doc swears by it.
    It tastes yuck but does help.
  • Hi,

I suffered really badly for the first 16 weeks of my pregnancy. My gp gave me lactoloose(sp?) but it didnt help. So 4 weeks ago I started eating a bowl of bran flakes every motrning and having 4_5 pints of water every day. I have been fine since.

Hope this helps.

Kerry
  • I suffered with constipation particularly in the first semseter. I have to have a bowl of fibre for breakfast whether its weetabix of branflakes. If I have run out I know constipation will be waiting round the corner for me! xxx