Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

NCT Sales

Hey ladies,

I am going to an NCT nearly new sale tomorrow and I was just wondering if any of you have been to one before? and what I should expect to find there.

I have quite limited funds so can't take a lot of money wth me but I am dragging my mum along to see if I can squeeze more pressies out of her lol. Mainly I am looking for clothes but how much stuff should I actually get? and what kind of costs are they? this is my first and I don't even know how many baby gros I should have and what I should be looking out for. What sizes should I buy in? as I know that he will grow out of newborn quite quickly.

Any advice would really help image

Caz
xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi caz, I ve never bean to a NCT sale, but as you mentioned you were on a budget I thought I would tell you about freecycle. Basically its a site on the net that people can put unwanted items and everything is free! So far we have been kindly given a bottle warmer, nappies baby clothes and a bouncy chair!
    Tammi xxxx
    25+6 weeks
  • Options
    Hey Tammi,

I can't work out how to use the website image I ended up being asked to join yahoo and my comp at work won't give me access and I don't have the internet at home.

It does sound great but I can't work it out lol

c
    xx
  • Options
    i also couldnt work it out when i read about it the other day any pointers?
  • Options
    Hi you do need to have a yahoo e-mail adress in order to join this site. U should be able to do this really easily, just click on yahoo and open a free account. Once you have done this then use your new yahoo e-mail address to set up a freecycle account. If you need any more help just give me a shout.
    Tammi
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi CazA

Someone else asked about this on an earlier post. You can get anything from clothes to toys to prams and moses baskets, sheets - pretty much everything (apart from car seats).

I went to a NCT sale the other week and got lots of bargains. I got a pack of 8 Next baby vests for a couple of pound, a 'never been worn' girls fleecy coat with matching mittens in immaculate condition (Ladybird make) for ??4!, i got a babygro sleeping bag in its original packaging too (cant remember the price of that), some fitted cot sheets, cardigans and a really beautiful cream pram quilt set (Winnie the Pooh) and lots other items of clothing - all for a total of about ??27. I found the sale really good and obviously everything gets washed before you use it. There were a couple of moses baskets and no joke they went within the first 5 minutes!

My mum also bought me a moses basket and stand at another NCT sale which i couldnt get to and its georgeous. I think they are really good for picking up bargains!

Happy bargain hunting!
  • Options
    Hey anged,

Thank you for that. I'm getting quite excited about going now lucikly it doesn't start till 10am and we are going to get there at quarter too so I can fight to the front for the bargins lol I love shopping.

C