Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes

Cow and Gate Comfort

Hi all,

I've just switched to Cow and Gate Comfort as little one was suffering with terrible wind on SMA gold. Is anyone else using this and can you tell me if your baby has had an upset stomach to start, he also now has very smelly wind the other end but generally seems a lot more settled.

Thanks

H:roll:

Replies

• Hi i think its just because you have swopped him onto a different milk,give it a week or so!My little boy is on Cow & Gate Comfort and has been pretty much from the start has he was sick alot,it didnt stop it all together but he was alot better,now hes older hes totally fine,think these things just take awhile and the older they get the better it all becomes!
  • hi my lo is also on cow and gate comfort and her nappies are awful and her wind stinks! but she is much more settled and no tummy ache. she poo's about 3 times a day, they are unny and green but been told that is normal with this milk.
  • My lo went on this as rec by HV for reflux and she had the green stinky poos too. It also did nothing for her reflux and we're currently back on the gaviscon after trying 2 milks and carobel. Nightmare!
  • Thanks for all your responses, i'll keep with it then and hope it gets better as i really don't want to swap again. He really is windy though and very noisy!!!;)
  • I have just started my son on this milk as SMA gold seemed to be giving him terrible wind and he cried whenever he was awake. Cow and Gate comfort seems good so far but can anyone help with how you make up the feeds? Cow and Gate advise that you use boiled water which has cooled for 15 mins which is great but my little boy feeds when he wants to and I don't like the idea of him screaming whilst I faff around making his bottle. With SMA I was making the bottles in advance by boiling the kettle, putting the required water in sterilised bottles and then leaving on the side then when baby wanted feed mixing the powder and shaking. Does anyone else use this way with the Cow and Gate Comfort or do you make as and when, any help would be appreciated.
  • I have just started my son on this milk as SMA gold seemed to be giving him terrible wind and he cried whenever he was awake. Cow and Gate comfort seems good so far but can anyone help with how you make up the feeds? Cow and Gate advise that you use boiled water which has cooled for 15 mins which is great but my little boy feeds when he wants to and I don't like the idea of him screaming whilst I faff around making his bottle. With SMA I was making the bottles in advance by boiling the kettle, putting the required water in sterilised bottles and then leaving on the side then when baby wanted feed mixing the powder and shaking. Does anyone else use this way with the Cow and Gate Comfort or do you make as and when, any help would be appreciated.

hi,i used to use cow and gate comfort with my youngest daughter who is now 3 yrs old as she has chronic constipation from birth and this helped along with meds but i am planning to use again with this baby wen born.i used to make the feeds exactly how u were doing it with the other milk.let the boiled water cool down in a bottle and leave on the side then warm water up when needed then add the powder.its the best way to make bottles in my opinion and the easiest,hope this helps x
  • Would like to continue this thread with a question about goat milk like this.
    Some say, it is better tolerated than cow milk, some say not.
    What is your experience?
  • Hi there, I think cow and gate comfort is brilliant my lo has been as good as gold on it. The only thing that iv found to be a problem is the milk is too thick for her normal sized teats but when I use the next size up they are too fast and she gulps. I don't know what to do?? Did anybody else have this problem?