Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

High chairs - pls help

Hi, I am about to start weaning my lo and want to get a high chair soon. What high chairs have you all found are lovely to use - or awful???!! Please tell me about ones to avoid! I think I want one which goes up to our ding room table so our lo can use to eating with us but I am not sure. Any advice would be gratefully recieved!!!!image

Replies

• ive got a fisherprice healthy care its height adjustable and little one looks comfy in it.
  • I used a cosatto one for my boys which reclined, moved in height, moved on wheels, had two detachable trays - one to keep toys on while you put food on other, a toy bag underneath, removable washable and wipeable covers...ermm....think that's it! It was brill but a bit bulky.
    Got a new one for my dd - by CAM - think a company connected to silver cross. It has all of the above plus a thing on the seat which will stop her sliding forward. And it folds up into a smaller size. Was ??100 but got in sale for ??65! Pricey but so useful.
    Happy shopping!
  • hiya i have the rainforest one its nice to look at but not great space saving - it has 2 trays and there both dishwasher safe - its in Argos have a look!
  • I have one at my mums and one at home, they are both seats that strap on top of your chairs and will also be used as boosters later on, one is fisher price and one is form Tesco (First Stage or something), the one from Tesco reclines and I have used since lo was 3 months as she has always liked to sit at the table while we eat, they are both great and don't take any extra space.
  • I had a look today at a Chicco one. The name is Polly and it is a really good highchair. Think I might get it tomorrow. It reclines in 4 positions and lo's can go in it before they can sit up on their own making it easier to feed. Bit expensive but I think it will be worth it.
  • i really wanted one that reclined but i got bought one by my oh's work. it is just the mamas and papas one from argos. and i love it. only down side is dosnt have removable tray. i dont think the recline feature is really neccassary. happy shopping
    x
  • I just got a basic highchair for my daughter & it did the trick for when i needed it but she soon wanted to get out. My mum bought one for her house that also turns into a chair & table (its a wooden one winney the poo i think) my daughter still sits & eats from it now at mums & she is 2 & a half so it wa definately worth the money - i wish i had bought this type now.
  • Just to let you know that I got the Chicco Polly highchair today and it is great. It was reduced from ??100 to ??90. Kara's godmother got it for her so it was good. It is really good and is nice and comfortable.
  • Iv got the Polly too and i love it its great! :\)
  • I was given one to use and you had to basically dismantle the whole thing to clean it, which really got on my nerves so I got the Graco Teatime in pink when it was on special in Tesco's for ??25 and I am so glad I did! It folds flat and the upholstery is attached with press-studs so strips off so easily! After a messy day I unpopper it and put it in the washing machine on a rinse cycle and it comes out like new! It comes with a massive tray that you can but toys to attach to. It's also very comfy for Lo. Take a look...

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn163/d1ydiva/maddy028.jpg

• That sounds excellent. Just what you need a highchair you can strip down and wash. This one was obviously designed by a woman - lol.

My sister and sister-in-law are all mad about the Tripp Trapp highchair. I do like the idea of them but they are so expensive!

I'm sure my husband would flip his lid if I bought something like that. I've only just got him over the shock of yet another pushchair :lol:

I do have a wooden one that I had for my 2nd daughter but I found this very hard to clean up and she has battered the food tray, so is this not unhygenic with all the dents etc!

Does this adjust for the height as well?
  • The foot rest is adjustable so, it can be made to fit a much older child. Maddy is 8 months old at the moment and her feet don't reach the foot rest, even at it's highest setting! Lol
    The actual chair doesn't adjust in height, though. I sit on the sofa and feed Maddy whilst she is in this highchair so, that should give you an idea of the height.
    It has a five point harness (Which strips off with the cover, so easy to keep clean) and an extra strap between Lo's legs so, ultra safe. They do it in blue too, for all those Mummy's with little boys!!

[Modified by: d1ydiva on August 31, 2008 09:18 PM]

• I've got a chicco polly too and must say although pricey, it has been fantastic. Would recommend to anyone.
  • I MUST ADMIT I HAVE BEEN SPENDING HOURS LOOKING INTO THE RIGHT HIGHCHAIR. YOU WOULD THINK AS THIS IS BABY NO.3 IT WOULD BE EASIER! :lol:

I THINK I'M PRETTY MUCH SETTLED ON THE FISHER PRICE HEALTHY CARE. ALTHOUGH A LITTLE BULKY TO STORE AWAY I HAVE READ SOME VERY GOOD REPORTS ON THIS AND IT ALSO SCORES IN THE TOP 5 RECOMMENDED BY 'WHICH'

I LOVE THE FACT THAT BITS REMOVE EASILY TO CLEAN AND THE DIFFERENT HEIGHTS. I WOULD LOVE RONNIE TO SIT AT THE TABLE WITH US OR I CAN LOWER I AND FEED HIM FROM THE SOFA.

LEILA X
  • HEy, i've got a really nice one by cosato.. and it IS fantastic... BUT.....

I have just bought a bargain spare one, which is fantastic now that Harry is v.v. stable sitting up for a long time ... and for a tenner!

Ikea basic highchair! Its plastic with metal legs, which don't change height but its THE perfect height for the table so he can sit up at it with us and eat from the table rather than away from it. you can also get a blow up cushion that can go behind them for littler sized babies.
    And being plastic, is totally wipe clean! Woo!

Absolutely perfect for small house, the in laws, as a spare for other kids coming over, etcetcetc. Had to brag about my bargain! Xxx
  • I can't believe this post of mine that I started back in march has come back to life. In the end I got the cheapo plastic high chair from IKEA and it soooooo good - I can not believe how good it is. Sooo easy to clean, lo loves it and it is perfect height for our table without the tray on! I would advise anyone to get one of these!!!image
  • I've go the ikea one too, love it. Basic but does the job perfectly and so easy to clean.x