Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Taking parecemtol.

Hi,

Think I would know this by now as this is my third pregnancy. But I got up this morning with the mother of all headaches. I put it down to being tired. I have had a little sleep earlier on but it is still there.

Is it safe to take paracetomol while pregnant. I'm 14 weeks. I've looked on the internet but it's all a bit confusing.

Any advice would be welcome.

Replies

• It's fine to take as long as you don't go over the stated dose xxxx
  • Yes, they are ok in small doses, I've been prescribed them by my doctor for pelvic pain. He said no more than 3 doses of 2 in 24 hours is ok.

Corinna x
  • Hi Lilo, I've been told by my doctor that its perfectly safe, I didn't take any for the first 12 weeks just in case though, but at 14/15 weeks I got a flu virus and was very ill for 10 days and I took paracetamol for the pain - as the others have said, as long as you don't exceed the recommended dose you should be fine. I'm still getting constant headaches (I'm 17 + 4) and when I saw the doctor the other day he said it was all part of pregnancy and just to take paracetamol.
    Helen x
  • i was told to take paracetamol (sp) for my back ache but have given up with it as it made f**k all of a difference to my pain. Have to go to physio as the muscles in my lower back are in spasm. That is the draw back to not being able to take neurofen, it used to work a treat. now i am trying heat packs that my midwife recomened, they are helping.
    the joys of being pregnant, i wouldn't change it for the world!!

love fiona (12wks 5days)