Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

What do you think of the pram ive brought???

I brought my pram today and i think its great. I must admit it cost me a bit more than i was hoping to pay but i think its worth it. I needed a double buggy that i could convert back into a single once my son had decided he wanted to walk more (he'll be 22 months when little one arrives)

It cost ??650 in total, but thats including two adaptable pram seats, carry cot, 2 footmuffs, raincover, liners, maxi cosi car seat that attaches on and the car seat adapter that fits it the car. So i dont think its too bad. I was origianally going to get the phil and teds e3 but went of it.

This pram is really light weight and has quite alot of shopping space as well.

Anyway what do you think?

http://www.icandyuk.com/pear.htm

Replies

• I brought my pram today and i think its great. I must admit it cost me a bit more than i was hoping to pay but i think its worth it. I needed a double buggy that i could convert back into a single once my son had decided he wanted to walk more (he'll be 22 months when little one arrives)

It cost ??650 in total, but thats including two adaptable pram seats, carry cot, 2 footmuffs, raincover, liners, maxi cosi car seat that attaches on and the car seat adapter that fits it the car. So i dont think its too bad. I was origianally going to get the phil and teds e3 but went of it.

This pram is really light weight and has quite alot of shopping space as well.

Anyway what do you think?

http://www.icandyuk.com/pear.htm

whhhaaaattt i am shocked how u can boast bout what you've got like this... some of us aren't as fortunate as you are and won't be buying a pram/pushchair just cos of the name and hefty price tag to look "the best mum". at the end of the day the baby won't care what it's being pushed around in! by the sounds of it you'll "go off" this one as well!
    sorry for the rant but people like you annoy me and hope other mums to be/mums can agree with me here?!
  • I think that price isnt too bad at all....

Especially when you see the pram.. its fab!! i love it!!
    xx

• lol aint too bad at all...
  • xexmxmxyx - i didnt see you post when i submitted mine... and im sorry about i cant agree with your comment!!

How much someone wants to spend on their pram is there business. I think the pram is lovely, if it suits her requirements (2 young children), lightweight, looks fab, with loads of accessories... then buy it!!

Each to there own... thats what i say! image

• yeah exactly, but as i said some of us aren't as fortune to get something like that just cos a celebs got it (and already know a lot of mums are buying them purely for that fact)! oh well i'm just careful with my money and don't have it to splash around like that. i'm not jealous though I just hate people wasting money but each to their own image
  • i think it looks good honey, it seems really adaptable for you situation, so good one. How far along are you in this pregnancy??
  • XEMXMXYX

What the hell has how much i have paid for a pram got to do with you? I havent brought this pram because of a celebrity price tag, i bought it because i have got 2 young children and it will save me money in the long run as i wont have to buy a second pram when my son doesnt use it anymore!!!

Why i am justifying myself to you anyway is beyond me, both me and my partner work, to pay for the things we buy! I am sorry if you are not as fortunate as me but i work dam hard for everything that i buy for my children and i am sorry but i wont appologise for that!

Gem008

Im due on 19th july so still a while to go yet, whens your little one due?
    x

• im 6 days overdue and really annoyed as ive now got a coldimage

Dont worry about what other people say i realise u have bought it as it is practical for you and looks good tooimage
    xx
  • I bet your feeling really uncomfortable now, but ur little one will be here any day now, you must be so excited! Do you know if its a boy or girl? I had my son 8 days early so wasnt too bad for me. Have you got a date to be induced yet? if things dont happen on there own?
  • Yes its a boy im very excited but its starting to turn to fustration as im getting very impatient. I have appointment with consultant on thursday morning so wont have exact date to then. But midwife calling to house tomorrow to check my bp as it has been up and down over the next few weeks.

You are so lucky not going over it is soo bad and i think you feel even more uncomfortable because you know you should be holding it.

If you dont mind me asking had you any funny sensation before you went into labour as all day today ive had what i can only describe as a little vibration in my cervix. It seems to be coming and going every five mins or so now. Maybe im clutching at straws, hoping for something just havent felt anything like it before.
  • Firstly let me congratulate you on your little boy! Have you picked a name yet?
    Im having a girl this time so will have one of each.

I work up at about 3am with really light pains in my cervix and what i can only describe as mild period pain. It does sound like he is getting ready to enter the world.(how exciting?) How you feeling about the labour?
  • im absolutley dreading labour now never thought about it until thursday when i went for a scan and they told me head was measuring 11cms so now totally dreading itimage
    Thats lovely having a boy then a girl if i go through alol this again i would love a little girl. We have a few names but cant seem to settle on one yet. WHat is your wee boy called??Have you any girls names picked??We had lots of girls names and no boys typicalimage
  • Dont worry about labour hun, you forget everything once the baby is born.
    My little lad is called Logan David (david being his dads name)
    and were thinkking of calling the baby paige reanne (reanne being my first names put together- rebecca leanne) nothings definate yet although are Logan is already saying paige so we might have to stick with it lol

You will have to keep us informed on when your labour starts. Either way you will be a mummy in less than 2 weeks (its scary init) Wait til the first time you have to ring the doctors and say "can i make an appointment for my SON" its so strange.
  • god wots goin on here?didnt think people would be so mesn 2 others! I dnt think that price is 2 bad really considering u get all the accessories n its for 2 kids also.I have got the quinny buzz which is bout ??350 alone without a carry cot or car seat.Had to buy car seat seperately which is ??100 new n then we want the base for the car.Got the footmuff seperately which is ??40 new n also want the changing bag!I admit i have got a few bits cheaper off ebay but if i had got everything from the stores it would probably wrk out more than the 1 u have brought n this is for just 1 baby.Each to there own but y not splash out if you can afford n wrk hard for it!
  • by the way the pushchair looks really funky n cosier than the phil n ted!
  • i dont think there is anything wrong with that!
    i have ordered the bugaboo cameleon which is nearly the same price just a tad more.
    this site is not for boasting and for other expectant mums to say such harsh things is out of order!
    Dont worry you enjoy buying lovely things i have spend thousands so far and we work hard for the things we want our children to have, once i pop my little one i will have no money so i want lovely things to last!

you go for it girl and dont feel bad for what you buy! im sure she has realised that other mums do not agree with her and will keep the comments like that to herself!
  • speckle didnt mention anything about celebs or price tag - i think xexmxmxyx is having a bad day!!!

I think price is fine and looks perfect for what you need especially with everything added in. We are off pushchair shopping today and budgetted ??300 but we are getting the travel system. We both work long tiring hours and have saved every penny so im going to enjoy spending it.

its no one elses business how much you spend so i think someone was a bit jealous!

work hard, cant play hard anymore - alcohol image so why not give your child the best you can!

mothercare here i come!!!!!
    Laura (24+4) xxx
  • i was also considering this pram. My son will be exactly 24 months when his brother or sister is due. My son is very tall for his age so we've decided to opt for the phil and teds, only because it is suitable up to age 5 and the pear is age 3.

It is expensive to buy double buggies but it is worth it for it's purpose, my son will probably want to walk so i like the fact that the icandy and the phil and teds is the size of a single and can be used either way.

We have known for months that we wanted another child so we just have to budget and save for the things we need/want. We both work so it just a case of cutting down on other expenditures.

I've been looking into the cost of the icandy pear and i think you've got a fab deal, shopping around really pays off.

xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/y7PI0/.png

• love the pram!!

becsx
  • The link below is to the mumsnet review page on double buggies. It's a great review site. The pear isb't rated very well but only has 2 reviews.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Reviews/PushchairsDoublePushchairs?ts=1205674557581&call=IndexPage