Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

what travel system are you buying?

hi everyone
arrrrrrgggghhhh!! i have NO idea what travel system/pushchair to buy!
what are you getting or thinking of buying for your lo and why?
i just need a bit of extra help deciding :\?
xx

Replies

• hi im getting the mamas and papas ultima in polka. i just saw it and knew thats what i want!! its more expensive than what i was going to buy but has everything we need.

have fun looking. there is so much choice!

becsx

22+2 wks
  • Thinking about getting the Graco Mosaic One because of the price and because it seems to do everything that we need. But having said that, I've only looked on the internet and in catalogues so far, we might change our mind when we actually try a few out.
  • yeah ive only been looking on the net. i like the silver cross s4 and the matching car seat but really dont know if i like it x
  • hia i have bought the quinny buzz in pink n orange as we know we r having a little girl n it looks really cosy!Also bought the maxi cosi car seat which can be clipped onto the frame 2 use like a travel system!
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev146pr___.png

• i have got the mamas and papas pilko as a travel system i tried it out in a local shop and they wanted ??490 for it (with a ??45 discount) but argos r selling it for ??300 so ordered it from argos and its coming on monday!!!!
  • Iv had the silvercross 3d in pistacciho (sp) with matching car seat i love it and was a real bargin at ??338 inc car seat and everything else that goes with it!! I had it from the baby website

xxx
  • Hi, I have bought the Britax vigour 3 , I have got the carry cot, as well as the pushchair, you can also get the car seat but I already had one. It is similar to the quinny but the seat area is slightly bigger and the frame at the back wheels is not as wide. I live near skipton and most of the shops have narrow doorways which i stuggled with when using my quinny zapp for my other son. You can view the pram on the brtiax web site. mothercare do sell it but only via the internet. The best thing is to go to a nursery/baby shop and fiddle with loads. See how easy you find it to put them up and down, push them around and do the things that you need them to do. If you have a car make sure that the pram will fit easily into your boot. Hope this helps.
  • i quite like the britax vigour, firstwheels city elite and silvercross s4 so far x
  • we got the silvercross freeway. Absolutely love it and were surprised at how easy it is to swap all the bits about - reviews we read said this could be fiddly but it really is a case of lifting on and off, maybe they've made improvements. It is on the big side though so if your planning on lots of trips to shops etc then maybe not for you.
  • We've got the quinny buzz 4 wheeler with the carry cot and car seat. It's lovely!!! I liked so many prams but in the end it was the one that fitted in the boot of my car the easiest that won!
    xxxx
  • We're going to get the Bebe Confort UP - had a demonstration over the weekend, it's devine!
  • I bought the silvercross 3D system in pistachio, the whole system with accessories and car seat. I bought it from Babies R Us when they were doing a promotion where the accessory set came free when I bought the car seat and pram.

With my first child, I bought a Graco one but found it although very sturdy, quite plasticky and bulky even when folder down so I was determined to get a compact one this time round.

• The loola bebe comfort with car seat, seat base, footmoof, matching changing bag...folds down to fit in my corsa...love it!!