Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Consultant appointment question

Many people on here and other websites said that when they went to there first consultant appointment that they got scanned! Is this normal as i didn't know they did this or is it just done in some areas? Very confused as this first time i had to see consultant!

Replies

• yeh erm i had a scan then i had to wait for a midwife who did my blood pressure and everything, then she gave my notes to the consultant who called me through and talked me through everything they had seen.
  • Does everyone see a consultant? How often do you see one? I always thought it was midwife and GP who did the checks and stuff! Shows how much I know, Id better get reading! xx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev343pr___.png

• no not everyone sees a consultant, its usually only if something is picked up in a scan or if your higher risk or if you go over-due that sort of thing. it might be different in your area though. XX
  • So would i of been notified that there was a scan involved? It just says take notes and urine sample?
  • I had my normal twelve week scan. My next appointment was with the consultant and he did another scan. I was not aware there was a scan involved but he was lovely and pointed out the hands, legs etc. It was n ice to get an extra scan although I didn't get a photo.
  • k well looks like a wait and see thing. It would be nice to see bubs again but won't get hopes up as i think maybe every area different!