Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

back waters broke and been sent home

early friday morning at 4.30 my back waters went , got to hospital and was examined and was 3 cm and then was told my waters hadnt gone but they didnt even test them to see if they had she just said they was still there ..now its saturday and im still at home with bad shooting pains up front and ive got like period pain in top of legs
as this happened to anyone else where you've been sent home .
i dont want to give birth at home the thought of this makes my knees feel like jelly imageimage

Replies

• How are you feeling now littlewizzle?
    xx
  • hi. my hind waters broke at 35 weeks with my 4th baby. they resealed them selves though. glad really as didn't want a prem baby. but i had bad period pains with it so was kept an eye on, had weekly scans. and i went in to labour at 38 weeks.
    hope all is ok with you.xx
  • How are you feeling now littlewizzle?
    xx
    i feel ok ,apart from shooting pain up front every now and then and just feeling a bit fed up:\?

[Modified by: LITTLEWIZZLE on March 30, 2008 11:07 AM]
  • if you're worried about it call up your assessment centre and tell them and they'll probably tell you to come in and they'll check you out.
  • my back waters went on christmas day but didn't have lo til 27th and ended up havin fore waters broke. have they given u a time to go back in by? I was told if nothing had started within 24hrs they would induce me cause of risk of infection to lo x
  • hows things going now? any baby news for us? XX
  • my back waters went on christmas day but didn't have lo til 27th and ended up havin fore waters broke. have they given u a time to go back in by? I was told if nothing had started within 24hrs they would induce me cause of risk of infection to lo x
    this is whats got me worried ,its my third baby so i should know if my back waters have broken and they have.but they just told me that they hadn't with no test or anything so its like ive just got to take there word for it .but i think this is wrong they shouldn't leave me like this .one more thing thats got me mad is when i got home i phoned my mw and she just said thanks for letting me know and just to phone the hospital up if pains got any worse.
    this is whats got me worried ,its my third baby so i should know if my back waters have broken and they have.but they just told me that they hadn't with no test or anything so its like ive just got to take there word for it .but i think this is wrong they shouldn't leave me like this .one more thing thats got me mad is when i got home i phoned my mw and she just said thanks for letting me know and just to phone the hospital up if pains got any worse.
  • my back waters went at 28 weeks, and they didn't seem concerned as the hospital said the body can replce them.

my actual waters went at 34+6 weeks and i was admitted to hospital, but no signs of labour and they were talking about leaving me for a couple of weeks before they would induce, but luckily i went into labour 48 hours later by myself. but as a result of them leaving me with no waters i had an infection, which i also passed to my baby.

c xxxxx
  • Hi my waters broke with my lo went into hospital and was monitored. They said if contractions didn't start within 24hrs I would be indiced due to the risk of infection. Also they would only do a maximum of 2 internal exams due to the risk of infection. Luckily I went into labour 3 hours after my waters broke. If you are unsure I would call your midwife.x Good luck
  • my bk waters broke with my first two days b4 i had him. had to stay in due to risk of infection. depending on how close to ur due date u r and how busy hosp. is they should have kept u in. If u feel worried or angry SAY SO to mw doc ect. Sometimes u really have to spk up to get wot u want.

looking at the dates of these messages uv prob already had LO. Let us know
  • im still here and now a day over .midwife came to house last friday and said every thing sames fine and if ive not had little one till next friday shes gunna give me a sweep .i just hope he pops out before then cause that would make me 4 days over and now feeling really feed upimage
  • I am 40+2 days pregnant my back waters went 2 weeks ago went to the hospital they sent me home but getting pretty worried now as she didnt examine me or anything and this is my 3rd child first delivered by emergency c section as was too big and second planned c section been having a bit of pain in the same area as my c section scar please help