Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Have to go to hospital :(

Hey,

Wasn't really feeling baby moving around much on friday so spoke to the mw who said drink freezing cold water, this got him moving for a really breif amount of time and I haven't really felt him since. I listened to his heartbeat and all sounds fine but mw was worried as not feeling movements.

The hospital have said they are going to do a trace on bubby, what does that mean? What could possibly have happened if I can't feel him but know his heartbeat is stong? obviously really worried but trying to stay positive.

Has anyone else had this? or like to share the experience.

Caz
xx :\?

Replies

• Hey hun a trace is a machine that traces the babies heartbeat, its attached to your bump and monitors babys movements and heart rate. Sometimes they move and u just cant feel it but the trace picks it up....from my own experience as soon as they put you on there hel start going mad...mine always did!!! Goodluck xxxxxx
  • Ok cool. I'm such a worrier when it comes to bubby :S still quite nervous though.

Cx
  • I had to go and have this done daily for the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy with both babies so don't worry.
  • I'm sure everything will be fine chick, sounds like they are just making sure.
  • Hi CazA
    Haven't had a similar experience, but didn't wanna read & run.
    Hope all goes well for you, keep us posted
    Sarah xx
  • Hi caz, hope all goes well, keep us posted. Tammi xxx
  • Thanks ladies, I'm sure everything will be fine. Maybe I'm more nervous cos I am going on my own as dh works quite far away and I'm used to him being the more positive one lol.

C
    xx
  • Hi

Good luck hun, hope everything goes ok for you and im sure bubba will be more active than ever after lol xx

Tracey 29 weeks 1 day
  • Good luck Caz, no doubt all will be fine, stay positive!
    Let us know how you get on...

Taryn
  • Hiya babe!

You know there is a heartbeat so that is good - maybe lo is just major sleepy?

I did have this done when I was preggers with Keiran, 15 yrs ago, and it was really made seeing the machine showing all the movements lo was making.

Sending you hugs to keep you reassured!

Love Lee
    xxxxxx
  • Hiya babe!

You know there is a heartbeat so that is good - maybe lo is just major sleepy?

I did have this done when I was preggers with Keiran, 15 yrs ago, and it was really made seeing the machine showing all the movements lo was making.

Sending you hugs to keep you reassured!

Love Lee
    xxxxxx
  • Hope everything goes well! Again, near the end of my last pg I wasn't getting any movements and had the same test and all was well - it's good that your mw is on the ball - chelle xxxx
  • Hi hun
    When i was pg with LO i had to go and get a trace many times esp during last 2 months. Whenever i got there he'd move around and even did a complete turn when mw felt me. You know theres a heartbeat so thats good, if after a trace theres any doubt they'll scan you, had plenty of those too.
    Good luck hun
    Filo x
  • Hope it goes okay Caz, no doubt your lo will go mad as soon as they strap you up to monitor! They just like to make sure things are okay, better safe than sorry. I had it done with my first baby last year and was just strapped up to a monitor and left for half an hour, then the midwife came back to check results.

Good luck, hope lo is okay. xxx
  • Good luck Caz, I'm sure lo is just lazy. Let us know how you get on.

Karenxx
    29+2
  • dont worry caz hunni, if your lo is any thing like mine, as soon as they put the trace machine and straps on your tummy, he`ll start wriggling like mad.
    i`m certain you`ll both be absolutely fine hun
    xx
  • heya, hope all goes well, let us know how you get on image
  • Hey Caz.
    My son did the same thing to me. It is really scary but he should be ok. Hardly felt him move at all throughout the pregnancy but he always had a good heartbeat. The last couple of months I felt nothing at all.
    Let us know how you get on, good luck at Redhill.x
  • As soon as I lied on the bed he got hiccups for 20 mins and started doing back flips so I was really embarrased and felt like I was wasting thier time. But they were glad I went in as he kept squeezing his cord and making his heartbeat dip but other than that all is ok image

C
    xx
  • That's great news hun.
    Don't ever feel like you're wasting their time. We're expectant mothers it's our job to be panicky and they get paid to do their job which is to pander to our every moment of paranoia :lol:
    I apologise to any midwives on here imageops: