Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

When you were little how did you think babies were made!

lol I thought this as i was writting a responce to Zoey -

but it amused me and i'm sure everyone else as there own funny/sweet little stories...

so how did you think babies were made when you were a small child?

i'm thinking as an adult when the human body was designed that they shouldn't of put the exit for a child where they did... iam thinking that when you get pregnant you grow a Unique key that opens your belly button which in turns opens like a door which wouldn't be painful AT all they can also use this to check on the child as he/she is growing if needs be and there is no healing time and the door siles after the 'birth'.

sure it comes from being told i was found under a cabbage patch...

haha wishful thinking here!!

but my thoughts as a child were -

when i was really little i just thought babies were made if you eat a lot you get fat and out comes a baby... i was forevery trying to give my mum my sweeties telling her to grow a little brother or sister! lol x

:lol:

Replies

• I actually knew the truth pretty soon as I have an annoyingly 'open' mother who insisted on telling me when I was really young lol. But before that I think I thought the baby came out of the mums belly like that 'key' idea hehe. My friend had a pregnant Barbie doll and you could open up its belly and get the baby out, so that's probably where that came from!!

When I was about 15 tho lol I thought you could get pregnant without having sex if you were 'intimate' with them! I actually was so freaked I bought a pregnancy test!!!! :lol: (BFN - DUH!)

(Feel so lame admitting to that!)

http://bd.lilypie.com/Akv50/.png

• I think I was thinking that God planted a little seed in your belly. And when you get married that the love gave it water and food and make it grow in the belly. And thats why you get pregnant. And your belly button opened up.

Gues I learnt you didnt need to be married. Thats for sure...

Tash+Bump
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev143pps__.png

• Awwwww Tash I love your way image

I was told the normal "when a mummy and daddy love each other very much they get given a baby" was told no more or no less than that and I never really thought about it until sex ed classes when I was completely mortified and disgusted as to how it actually happened that when I met my first serious bf I would not let him touch me for 2 years until I realised that it was probably quite normal lol
  • Bless ya CazA....lol....

I don't know how I found out exactly what happens. I remember thinking. Ouch!! I'm shutting my legs!!!

Tash+Bump

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev143pps__.png

• My mum did try to tell me quite young, but I remember very clearly thinking that the baby grew on its own in mums tum, then when she was at the hospital about to give birth dad had to put his willy in her, in front of all the nurses so that it could come out. I was never going to do that!!
    Tiger Lily dont joke about intimacy making you pregnant. When I fell pregnant with my 1st I never had full sex with my then fella (or any one else for that matter), ever! We got carried away one night but he wasnt in me for more than 3 seconds maximum, and didnt ejacualate at all (sorry if tmi but no other way to explain), it was like an imaculate conception!! Lucky for me though coz I now have a beautiful daughter from it, was hard explaining to my mum though!
  • i was told that when a woman and man want a baby they write to the stork and he drops 1 of lol.
    it's a good job you do have to have sex to get pregnant cos if it happened just by touching each other then i would have been in a lot of trouble at 14 lol
  • I don't really know what I thought, but had to put thyis in. Was watching scrubs the other day and little Jack asked how babies were made. Dr Cox said, well when a mummy and daddy love each other very much, they close their eyes and make a wish and if they are really really lucky then they get a baby. Sooo sweet. I like that better than the stork hehe.

Sorry for going off subject yet again lol xxxx
  • Tiger Lily dont joke about intimacy making you pregnant. When I fell pregnant with my 1st I never had full sex with my then fella (or any one else for that matter), ever! We got carried away one night but he wasnt in me for more than 3 seconds maximum, and didnt ejacualate at all (sorry if tmi but no other way to explain), it was like an imaculate conception!! Lucky for me though coz I now have a beautiful daughter from it, was hard explaining to my mum though!
    Omg! That really was an immaculate conception! I guess I knew it could be possible...theoretically....but it must be the rarest thing ever xxxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/Akv50/.png

• i like that to not very exciting to think a big bird just drops a baby of a your door step my mom has'nt got a very good imagination lol
  • i like that to not very exciting to think a big bird just drops a baby of a your door step my mom has'nt got a very good imagination lol
  • what is the birds and the bee's story? ive never quite heard how it goes?

I really like the idea of mummy and daddy closing there eyes and making a wish and if they are realy realy lucky a baby comes thats lovely lol might tell my little one that when the time comes that he asks (lol unless of course he is 15 at the time) then its will be about controception controception controception haha!

I have heard of getting pregnant before without having full blown sex - lol you might as well gone tho whole hog and had the orgasium (sp) though lol! did the dad believe you? x
  • anyone else? i think these stories are really sweet! x
  • When i was little i thought there was a seed that just grew into a baby when you wanted it to, then it was delivered by a bird! Also thought when my mum was breastfeeding my little sister, tht one was milk and the other was vimto!! lol xx
  • I have to give him some real credit in that he never once doubted me, and I couldnt have blamed him if he had asked for a test to be carried out! I fell really quickly with this one too so I must have super ovaries or something. I have a friend whos been trying for nearly 2 years and I cant help feeling guilty as I know she'll be a fantastic mum and it doesnt seem fair that I get pregnant at the drop of a hat. I do feel really blessed with my 1st though as she is an absolute star, my little miracle!