Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

anyone got the heart monitor by summers? from boots?

anyone got it from boots or babies r us? i wasn't going to get one but then i decided to! but i can't even find the babies heartbeat on it! its says use from 21 weeks and i'm only 19 so maybe i'm a bit early! but i can hear it kicking!! anyone got one?? xx

Replies

• I have one too. Can hear something which is either heartbeat or my bowels! Lol. Can hear the kicking like you say as well. My sis tried it out and she is 36 weeks and she could hear it really clearly. xxx
  • I didnt get the summers one cos it said it only works from 21 weeks but i did get an angelsounds one from ebay. I can hear the heartbeat and im only 12 weeks.

[Modified by: MKT86 on April 05, 2008 09:38 PM]
  • Hi, I have one too, it took a lot of moving the monitor around before I could hear anything just needed to put it in the right place. I found the lower down I had it the better the sound was to begin with sometimes I had the monitor to the side to hear anything. I did find it very faint to begin with but the further along in your pregnancy you are the better you can hear. Also it depends on the way the baby is laying, if the baby has his/her back towards you then it is harder to hear.

http://bd.lilypie.com/JX3N0/.png

• I've got one and think it just depends how baby is lying. With my first I could hear heartbeat earlier, had to put it really low down though and took a while to find. This time I couldn't hear anything until well past 20 weeks but think that was cos my placenta is at front this time, was just hearing my own pulse! It gets easier to find and hear the further along you get.

• hi there yea i got one from "r us" when i was 20 weeks pregnant couldnt hear anything, but i used it from 22 weeks and could hear baby heart beat, its not as clear as the mid wifes but still clever i think. it still takes me like 10 minutes to find baby heart beat if u place it quite low down on ur tummy it mite be better x
  • hi there yea i got one from "r us" when i was 20 weeks pregnant couldnt hear anything, but i used it from 22 weeks and could hear baby heart beat, its not as clear as the mid wifes but still clever i think. it still takes me like 10 minutes to find baby heart beat if u place it quite low down on ur tummy it mite be better x