Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

WHAT TO WEAR PLZ HELP!

hi all, was hoping someone could give me some advice. i am 13+1 and have a wedding in 2 weeks i am both a day and evening guest and am totally stuck at what to wear! i ordered 2 dresses both look awful. i am normally a size 12 and still fit into most of my clothes but i am at that stage where i dont look pregnant just fat! and baby has pushed my existing fat out! lol. i was thinking maybe a skirt and top but just phoned my mum and she said that this will make it look worse! she is very honest!
i was just wondering if any of you had a similar problem and what you have decided on?
sorry to go on but oh is pressuring me as he knows i'll leave it till last min and start panicing and refuse to go!
x THANKS X

Replies

• hi i was at a wedding a few wks ago and was 20 wks preg have another one end of may and will be 30 wks. for both weddings got dresses from New look. one was a maternity one plain black and i jazzed it up with silver heels and jewellery. for this one i just bought dress in larger size as i never saw any maternity ones i liked. i think dresses are better than skirt than top. but have look around and hopefully you find something soon.

enjoy the wedding.

becsxx

24wks
  • thanks i will have a look i think black may be the way to go! i am a bridesmaid in aug and will be 7months but dnt need to panic as i am having a dress made in july. thanks for your help becs.
  • Ok it cost a fortune (well at least it did in my world) but I went to Monsoon, they have staff that will choose outfits that suit your changing style, they picked somthing i would never have chosen and i felt really good despite being fat and unnoticabley pregnant. good luck with it xxDBxx
  • I bought a really nice mat dress from Topshop in black for a wedding reception. It was really cute and I jazzed it up with a red belt and red shoes and bag and didn't have to breath in all evening which was great!!! Can't fit into it now tho!!! The best of it was it was in the sale ??35 down to ??8!!!
    Good Luck and hope you find yourself a lovely outfit.
    Katie and bambino.x x x
  • empire line dress will be very good cause flatters your boobs and flows so no clinging to bump! x
  • Failing all the above, just stick your belly out, rub it often and pant and puff at regular intervals to make it perfectly clear you are PREGNANT and not just fat! Worked a treat for me - also,when people ask how far you are say you're 4 months etc instead of weeks - always sounds further on!!!!xx
  • hi
    i went to a wedding at 13 weeks and wore a black polka dot wrapover dress, it was really comfy as i was able to losen it off during the day and i was still able to dress it up with some lovely shoes, bag and a fascinator to draw attention away from my belly!!!
  • thanks to you all, i will def try your ideas as i am lost! lol feeling much better now will def do what you said karen lol. thanks again much appreciated. xxx
    steph
  • I had been having that very same problem and went shopping at the weekend. my mum spoted a dress , that i thought looked a bit old fshioned an i ended up buying it!! its from Wallis is black and very floaty with a white/cream band just under the boobs with a black removable satin rose on. it actually make me look pregnant, not fat!! and i have a wedding on friday, one next month and one in June and the material is so floaty i reckon i can get away with it for all three!!!!!! ??40 - Bargain.

lmao off at Karen's comment, i did just that yesterday when out shopping, havinga fat day, i pushed it out even further and made myself look pregnant. lol
  • I had been having that very same problem and went shopping at the weekend. my mum spoted a dress , that i thought looked a bit old fshioned an i ended up buying it!! its from Wallis is black and very floaty with a white/cream band just under the boobs with a black removable satin rose on. it actually make me look pregnant, not fat!! and i have a wedding on friday, one next month and one in June and the material is so floaty i reckon i can get away with it for all three!!!!!! ??40 - Bargain.

lmao off at Karen's comment, i did just that yesterday when out shopping, havinga fat day, i pushed it out even further and made myself look pregnant. lol
  • Hi Stephanie
    I went to my brother in law's wedding when I was 6 months gone, I bought a dress in the coast sale, it was very high banded and sat just under the breast area and then floated out, didn't hide the pregnancy coz that's not what i wanted but gave me a more flattering shape. This is trhe style they tend to have in store a lot, like double bubble says, monsson also have some great dresses that flatter the pregnant figure.
    Good luck hun
    Em x
  • I've got a wedding in 6 wks and I@ll be 21wks. I bought this dress http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/25209703
    I'm going to jazz it up with something sparkly in my hair and nice bag and shoes.
    Assuming my boobs don't get any bigger in next few weeks I'll be fine. It skims out over tummy and will be fine when bump is a bit bigger.
    Agree with everyone that empire line is good for fitting well at the top and then skimming out over bump. Also the black didn't make me look as big as I thought I was! Good luck. Suz x
  • I have a wedding at 36 weeks and have bought a wrap over dress from Isabella Oliver. I also have 2 in July about 4 weeks after lo is due. I am hoping the style will suit for covering the lumps and bumps then too!! The stuff is quite pricey but absolutely beautiful . I realise there will be absolutely no mistaking the fact I am pregnant (or not!) at these weddings and that I will be absolutely massive at the May one, so I am also having my hair and nails done for it - at least 2 parts of me will look good!!
    xx
  • i had a wedding when i was about 5 1/2 months i got a black maternity dress from next online it fitted perfect it was clingy but that made it perfectly clear i was pg not just fat lol
    but i made the mistake of wearing heels i really suffered and my feet puffed up so much i had to take em off and ended up bare feet!!! so just make sure u can handle the heels all day!!!