Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

baby toiletries...what do i need

Hello all,

This is my first and i was wondering if you could let me know if i have the right toiletries. I have either brought them or been given them so far. I dont want to go out by thins last minute if i can help it!
Is there anything i need that I have missed out on, or is there anything you have brought that you have never used?

I will be using these at home...not putting them in my hospital bag.

My list so far...
- baby lotion - flannels
- baby shampoo - baby sponge
- baby soap - nail scissors
- baby wipes - talc
- cotton wall
- nappy cream
- safety cotton buds
- baby oil

How soon do i need to buy anything for gums?

what else should i need? xxx

[Modified by: Bumpety Bump on 08 April 2008 19:57:05 ]

Replies

• That sounds like everything to me, oh, except you might want to get a soft baby hair brush incase you get a hairy one! No desperate hurry for the teething stuff I think most of it is only suitable from 2 months.
  • That sounds like everything to me, oh, except you might want to get a soft baby hair brush incase you get a hairy one! No desperate hurry for the teething stuff I think most of it is only suitable from 2 months.
  • thanks...did you buy a toiletry bath box to put everything in to keep things together or are they really a waste of money. Just spotted them online...
  • thanks...did you buy a toiletry bath box to put everything in to keep things together or are they really a waste of money. Just spotted them online...
  • hi hun,i have bought wicker baskets for my changing unit to put toiletries in they are cheaper and can be used for loadsa things when u dnt need em for toiletries anymore but up to u if u want a bath box.Tbh i got loads when had my daughter almost 3 yrs ago and still have the baby oil and baby lotion now!lol.Wipes r great and easy for bottoms,i've bought fragrance free and i've got top to toe wash as can be used for hair and body save buying loads of seperate shampoos n body washes. xx
  • hi hun,i have bought wicker baskets for my changing unit to put toiletries in they are cheaper and can be used for loadsa things when u dnt need em for toiletries anymore but up to u if u want a bath box.Tbh i got loads when had my daughter almost 3 yrs ago and still have the baby oil and baby lotion now!lol.Wipes r great and easy for bottoms,i've bought fragrance free and i've got top to toe wash as can be used for hair and body save buying loads of seperate shampoos n body washes. xx
  • There's an echo in here!!! lol. I had a toiletry box because I bought a set thing from Mothercare with all the stuff in. If you haven't got one I wouldn't bother, I never used mine.
  • Sounds like your pretty much sorted, we used/use the johnsons top to toe wash, saves using soap and shampoo, sometimes use dentinox as Erin gets cradle cap sometimes...
    I personally wouldnt waste your money on a baby box, we use wicker baskets and they work great.
  • Sounds like your pretty much sorted, we used/use the johnsons top to toe wash, saves using soap and shampoo, sometimes use dentinox as Erin gets cradle cap sometimes...
    I personally wouldnt waste your money on a baby box, we use wicker baskets and they work great.
  • thanks all. I was thinking of getting something to put toiletries in but my brain hasnt been working well recently to think of what else to put them in. Thanks for recommneding wicker baskets.

xxx