Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My baby is breech

Hi all,
I've just got back from my 34 week appointment with the midwife and i'm really depressed cos the baby is breech. I was thinking everything was going so well, baby has been head down for ages, everyone says i am really big so i've been thinking he will be engaged soon and ready to rock. Instead they told me he had turned. I have an appointment in 2 weeks to see where he is then and they will try and turn him otherwise i might have to have a caesarean. I really don't want that and would be really upset if that was the case. I feel a bit useless, generally at the moment anyway and this is the last straw, i think these last weeks are horrible, feel like a fat, useless lump that is not much fun to be around! Sorry for whinging, i know its not the end of the world or anything, just needed a moan :roll: Anyone got any tips how to turn a breech baby??

Replies

• Options
    Hi - he has loads of time to turn! So I would try not to worry. Breech babies can turn right up until you go into labour, and they often do. Walking a lot, being on all fours, and bouncing on a birthing ball is all supposed to help them get into a good birth position. 34 weeks is quite early to be engaged, I was down when I had my appointment and wasn't engaged, but he engaged at 36 weeks which is average for a first baby. It doesn't mean you'll be early anyway, I'm still here!

I doubt you'll end up having a c-section but if you do then I would try not to worry or feel guilty, just look on the plus side at least you won't end up with a massive tear down there or go overdue!! xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/IzQX0/.png