Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

getting over idea of boobs as a sexual thing ??

hi i have just posted something similar in breastfeeding forum but thought i might get more response here.

i perhaps want to try breastfeeding second (due 5 weeks) and didnt with my first.

but my boobs have been, and still are now a sexual thing for me and hubbie (as am sure will be for other couples too) and am finding it difficult to get around the idea of a baby being there, when it usually my husband ?? hope that makes sense. does anyone else feel this way, or felt this way before starting feeding and how did you get over it?

did you just stop all boob contact with husband in the months you are feeding for instance? how do you swap between boobs for husband and boobs for baby if that makes sense?

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png

Replies

• My boyfriend is more of a 'bum man' so hopefully we won't have this problem!

But I know what you mean - its more the logistics of it that gets me - what if he tried to play with my boobs and milk shot everywhere? Aaargh that wouldn't be good! xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/IzQX0/.png

• thanks im glad im not the only one. i really do want to try it, but as the time gets nearer im thinking about it more and more and keep changing my mind. i bottle fed my first and she is a perfectly healthy 3 year old so i sometimes think ill just do that again. im not sure, i jeep changing my mind.

i think if i did breastfeed id have to ban husband from that area til i stopped (for 6 months or whatever) which neither of us would be happy about! but it would just feel too weird to switch from one to the other.
  • LOL i have thought of that too, like what if he was kissing then and got a mouthful of milk argh!! ill just need to see what happens but as the time gets nearer i keep thinking about it and changing my mind between breast or bottle feeding.

SORRY JUST READ THAT BACK AND REALISED IVE JUST REPEATED MYSELF DUH!!

[Modified by: lauragcam on April 16, 2008 08:51 PM]
  • I feel the same really...although I do think bf is worth a try. After all you can switch from breast to bottle whenever you like, if you really don't like BF. Whereas if you bottle feed from birth you can't switch back. So if you're unsure about which to go for, I think its easier to try breast and then switch if its not for u! That's the way I see it anyway. I mean I was bottle fed and I'm fine! xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/IzQX0/.png

• I've been thinkin the same thing good to know i'm not alone! I def wanna bf unless there's sum reason that i'm unable to so am jst gonna have to try and get over it sum how, it is a bit weird tho! I think'll i'll have to do as u suggested laura and ban oh from there!
    xxx
  • hi Girls

I thought i'd tell u my experiance in the hope it helps.
    I bf my LO for 9months and i really enjoyed it, but i too was worried about the sexual side of my (.)(.) which hubby loved to play with given the chance.

However it really does feel completely different once u start doing it and to be honest they were so sore at the beginning that i would have quite easily knocked dh out had he touched them. I found the 1st few months whilst baby was feeding regularly that they weren't to be touched as milk would come out, however once a routine of feeding developed and it wasn't as often the milk was just there and just came forward once baby suckled rather than anytime a feed was due or baby cried so once that happened hubby could touch as much as he liked and they became sexual (.)(.) again!

Hope that makes sense?!
    xxxxxxxxx
  • hia all,i breastfed my daughter for a mth and am hoping to bf this time for alot longer.I was worried bout this slightly too but it really is completly different when ur feeding your baby,the whole sexual thing is not even in your mind hanna 34+3 xxx
  • I had a breast enlargment when I was 21 and since then have completely lost the feeling in my right boob and almost all of my left boob. My boobs are the most unsexual part of my body even though I had the op because I didn't feel attractive it never made me feel better about myself. My hubby is not a boob man (he likes my big wibble butt instead lol) and wishes I had never had the op. I am completely detached from my boobs and just see them as something to feed baby with and then hide away as usual, kind of wish they were sexual in a way but its never going to happen.
  • thanks everyone you have made me feel so much better. i just keot thinking it would feel "wrong" to have the baby there, when of course that is what they are intended for. i think i will def give it a go and can always change to bottles if i find it too weird, but im sure i wont once im actually doing it. thanks everyone x

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png