Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby Show in Glasgow this weekend, is it worth going ?

Hi, the Baby SHow is in Glasgow this weekend and as that is only an hour away from me I thought I might go. I might even have convinced hubby that he should come too. Although I think he would probably rather be playing golf.
But is it worth it ? I don't know anyone that's been to a baby show before and don't know what to expect.
Suz xx

Replies

• Options
    I haven't been but some of my friends went along to the one in London and got some really good bargains on their pram, nursery furniture and general accessories. They hadn't bought anything at all before going.
  • Options
    I've not bought anything yet so it might be worth going. I've had a look on the web and there are loads of interesting people exhbiting there. And I think it will be good as hubby can wander round and see loads of stuff in one place. Rather than me drag him out every saturday to Mothercare.
    Apparently you get loads of freebies too so it'll be worth it just for that. Suz x
  • Options
    hi id say go! i went to one 3ish years ago (think it must have been the SECC) when i had my wee girl. you always get free samples and vouchers and stuff. personally thats all id go for, and for the "atmosphere" and excitement of having a baby..all the bumps walking about! i think there is a lot of stuff and gadgets you wont need and some stands are way expensive, but i would go for the excitment of it all x

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png

• Options
    hi id say go! i went to one 3ish years ago (think it must have been the SECC) when i had my wee girl. you always get free samples and vouchers and stuff. personally thats all id go for, and for the "atmosphere" and excitement of having a baby..all the bumps walking about! i think there is a lot of stuff and gadgets you wont need and some stands are way expensive, but i would go for the excitment of it all x

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png