Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Agnus castus and EPO dosage help please!

I am fed up with my annoyingly long and irregular cycles so I've just bought some evening primrose oil and agnus castus. On the bottles it says you can take between one and three EPOs (1000mg each) and two to four ACs (400mg each) daily.

Please could someone who is (successfully) taking both/either let me know what dose they are on? It seems that it is quite a lot of leeway...

Thanks!
xxx

PS, Holland and Barrett has amazing deals on "women's supplements" which ends tomorrow so if you want some, go buy some today!

Replies

• Hiya

I am taking 3 capsules a day but I think you can take 2 capsules 3 times a day (Of Agnus Castus - 400mg in each tablet).

I only take one extra strength EPO a day.

Both up until ovulation. This is my first month taking Agnus Castus.

It has made me feel a bit jittery though.

[Modified by: beanz on April 23, 2008 04:19 PM]
  • I'm taking 2 x 500 mg of epo but think I'll go up to 2000mg per day next month. I think my A.C say's to take 2 per day so will start that next month if this is another long cycle.
  • hi Mrs Poppet
    i have been taking both,
    AC i have been taking 2 tabs twice daily and my cycle has reduced from 39 to 32 and waiting to see what this mth will be but feel like af is on way already, i'm on cd 24.
    EPO i was only taking 1 1000mg a day because thats what the label said but have decided this mth to take 2 a day, from what i have read you can take up to 3000 mg a day but i'm going to build up to that!!!
    hope it helps!!!

only been taking both up to ov!!

[Modified by: danipink on April 23, 2008 04:13 PM]
  • just edited - my agnus castus comes in 400 mg tablets.
    So I'm taking 1200mg a day.

My cycle is short (Was 23 days last month) so I am trying to lengthen.
  • Thank you all! Think will start on a lower dose and build up to see how I feel especially if it makes you jittery! xxx
  • Thank you all! Think will start on a lower dose and build up to see how I feel especially if it makes you jittery! xxx
  • lol - triple posting!
    I feel a bit hyper when I take them but it's not too bad. The first day I took two lots of two and had a bit of a stomach ache but since I have gone down to 3 and made sure I take them with food it's not come back.
  • Not sure why I triple posted! So weird. Thanks beanz. Will wait for supper tonight and take 3 ACs and 1 EPO to make sure I don't feel too strange. If it goes well I might increase over the next few days. xxx