Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Stomach Swelling

Hi all, i was just wondering if you could give me some advice. I found out i was pregnant last week but unfortunatley me being a complete ditz, we dont now how far along i am, either about 10 weeks becuase that the last time i can remember my last period or about six if i had one after that the last time. Im still trying to work it out but i cant seem to fit into my trousers and my stomach is swollen. Is this normal for about 10 weeks or did any of you expierence this at early stages.
Thanks
Jo x:\?

Replies

• hi this is my second pregnancy and id say yes its normal to get stomach swelling really early on, but its more bloatedness than baby. congrats!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png

• I am 12 weeks with my first and i have a bit of a bump already i couldnt get into some of my jeans from about 4 weeks ago. Everyone keeps joking its twins as they run in my family, guess i will find out at scan this week.

It may be that you are around ten weeks rather than 6 especially if you cant remember a period after that.

• I would say the majority of women probably only develop little bumps around 12 weeks with their first, however if this is not your first could be 6 weeks - this is when my boobs did most of their growing and I had a definite rounding!!

Congrats anyway, I'm sure you're not the first and they'll be able to tell you a bit more when you have your dating scan (which in your case could tell you you're either around 12 weeks or 18 weeks!!!)

Good luck

Karenxx
    32+6
  • i'm only approaching 6 weeks with my first, and my tumm is really swollen. can't fasten my pants, only my fat pants!. hope this helps.
  • aww thanks girls for your help, im still waiting to hear from my local midwife which was a week ago i registered at the doctors that i was pregnant. just waiting to get the date of my scan so hopefully i will find out then. Hope this pregnancy goes well already had one miscarrage and i just hope it goes well. xx