Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

I cant walk!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont know if this is common problem but for the past few days I've had lower back pain but this morning the pain is shotting down my legs and i feel crippled..... its agony. i called the MW and she said to go and see my Gp for pain killers, other than the pain i feel okay but i'm worried about the babay could it just be pressing against my spine??? or could i have somehow hurt my back in the night further????

I'm going out of my mind
any ideas and thoughts will be helpfull..

thanks all

Replies

• I had something similar where every time I stepped with my right leg I'd get a pain shooting down through my bum and leg. I asked a physio about it and he said sometimes a nerve gets trapped and that's what caused the pain. Mine went away after a few weeks but best to see doc if your in loads of pain and get some painkillers.

xxx
  • Sounds like sciatica to me - I suffer with that sometimes and it does get worse with pregnancy. The sciatic nerve is what's affected and I found this bit of info for you...........

Sciatica is a set of symptoms including pain that may be caused by general compression and/or irritation of one of five nerve roots that give rise to the sciatic nerve, or by compression or irritation of the sciatic nerve itself. The pain is felt in the lower back, buttock, and/or various parts of the leg and foot. In addition to pain, which is sometimes severe, there may be numbness, muscular weakness, and difficulty in moving or controlling the leg. Typically, the symptoms are only felt on one side of the body.

Does that sound like what ur suffering? If so, mite be an idea to mention it to ur gp or midwife as they shud b able to offer u more advice hun.

• it in both legs and my OH is having to carry me everywhere it that bad i cant stand up stright
  • My mum gets it alot and when it goes, she can't move either, let alone walk. Are you able to get appt wiv gp or get them to come to you? How far pg are you hun?
  • hey i'm only 20 weeks but i'm being a bit of a pureist and not wanting to take any meds unless totally ordered to by GP or midwife...

i got them to come out to me at home and they both just said it was the baby pushing against my pelvis hence the pain and it should pass. signed off work till im able to walk