Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My last day of smoking

Hi everyone.

Well! Its my last day of smoking. giving up so that when I get pg the smoke wont affect the baby. I thought it might be a good idea due to my age (41).

I just hope that my OH will still BD when I'm snapping at him cuz I've gone crazy from nicotine withdrawal. LOL.

(Merina Coil removed 18/04/08. CD 13.)

Wish me luck x:roll:

Replies

• good luck i know how hard it is. When i found out I was pg with lo I chucked them in the bin and never gave it a second thought. when she was 6months I started up again but I have quit completely now and havent had one this year! x x
  • It will be worth it in the end and you'll save lots of money.
    How many do you smoke a day? Does your OH smoke?
  • It will be worth it in the end and you'll save lots of money.
    How many do you smoke a day? Does your OH smoke?
  • Fiona86 - I'm hoping I wont go too crazy without them they have made me feel a bit queasy all week anyway since I decided to give up. I'm not sure how long I will be able to last, I smoked all through my other pregnancies and never worried at all. This time is different though, my age goes against me in the TTC stakes so I am doing everything I can to help my body along.

sevans - I smoke about 25 a day, OH doesn't smoke. I'm not too worried about the money issue, I just want my little egg to be as healthy as possible.

Thanks for the support.
  • Best of luck. I know it can be very hard. I smoke about 10-15 a day and hoping to stop this weekend. I gave up when i was pregnant with my lo but they sickened me which made it so much easier - stupidly I went back on them when she was about a month old. I due to ov this weekend so want to give them up again. Best of luck