Forum home Babies Baby

rash on 4 month old

When I was undressing my lo at the HV on Tuesday I noticed he had a very mild pin prick rash over his stomach and chest. The HV said as long as he was otherwise well and feeding ok, which he was, it was nothing to worry about. He still seems 100% well but the rash has spread to his legs and is more noticeable now. Typically I have noticed just after the doctors close on bank holiday weekend. Has anyone got any ideas what it could be? I haven't switched his milk/washing tablets, no new clothes against his skin.

Thanks!

Replies

• My 5 month old baby has this, too. He's had it for about 2 months now and doesn't seem to be harming him.
    My doctor said it was just dry skin so using aqueous cream - seems to improve it!

:\)
  • evie has had it for months now (she's 5 1/2 month) on her tummy/chest.. i dont know wut it is, its not too noticable but in the bath it seems to show up more. it doesnt seem itchy or sore and she's otherwise fit or well so i'm not worried about it. she probably just has sensitive skin xx
  • hi. it could be a viral rash. there are a lot of them around all the time and sometimes aren't accompanied by any other symptoms. try not to worry. you could try aqueous cream after bathing as well. hope this helps.xxxx
  • I think this is pretty common. My son has had this for ages now and doesnt bother him in the slightest, he is 6 months. Somedays it seems more noticeable then others but i wouldnt worry too much, itll go in its own time x
  • I took my 4 1/2 month daughter to the doctor on sunday about a rash on her stomach and chest and a little bit on the back of her neck. He said it is viral rash.