Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

advice please... I'm new....

Hi there all,
I am new here and was hoping to get some thoughts on my current dilemma.
We have been trying for a baby for a couple of months, and it has been a bit of rollercoaster to be honest. The first month I felt really sick, got really spotty and was so convinced that I was pregnant, when I was late I got positive but it was REALLY faint, tried again with a different test and the same, positive, but really faint. So I went to the doctor where I tested negative, and he told me to go back in 2 weeks, 2 days later, af came. So I just put it down to the fact that it was not meant to be. Anyway, we then thought we would put it on hold for the next month, and let everything get back to normal.
But, this morning, after a super stressful month I realised that I was over a week late. Which is unusual for me even when stressed. So as I was meant to be going for a smear anyway, I figured that I would get a test while I was there. The nurse said that she would rather wait until I was two weeks late, but I pressed her and eventually she did it. Anyway, she said it was negative, and then I had the smear. After which I saw the test and in my eyes it was clearly positive There was about 5 mins from when I took the test to the smear being over. The line was fainter than the main line, but VERY clear, and far darker than the ones the month before. She still insisted that it was negative unless the two line were the same darkness. I felt like asking for a second opinion, but didn't want to seem rude. She conceded that there was a chance that I was pregnant, but I would have to go back in a week.

Anyway, on the way home, I bought a CBD test which has come back positive. I figured that that would take out the element of faint line confusion. But now I am concerned that she knew something I don't. Does she think that I am going to MC. I have now been cramping all day, so maybe its not going to carry on.

Does any one have any words of wisdom?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Replies

• Hi Mrsrc, Firstly welcome and congratulations on the BFP! Secondly, I can't imagine that she would know anything maybe she is covering herself for not being able to read the test correctly. If you are getting cramps then I would just get plenty of rest over the next few days and maybe make an appointment to see your doctor.

It does all sound very strange but I am sure it is nothing to worry about, try and stay positive.

Keep us updated.

xx
  • I'd say ur pregnant honey! congratulations!
    She may have not realised that the line was there intially if it was faint, even so there's no excuse for being rude and she can't tell either way from a smear whether ur pg!.

Don't worry about the cramps thats quite normal as the ligaments stretch out.

Good luck honey!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • oops double post
    xx

[Modified by: lilac* on May 06, 2008 03:28 PM]
  • I would say your pg honey so congrats to you. i did not think you were meant to have a smear test while pg so this could be why she was saying it was neg and to come back in a week??

Make another app to see the doctoe this time and see what he says?

K xxx
  • Hi all, thanks for the replies.
    I am worried now about the smear. I wonder if that is why i have been cramping. I suppose i just have to wait and see.
    I wish i could book to see a doctor, but my practise is really funny about who you are allowed to see for what kinds of things. Fingers crossed...
  • I think its a Congrats mrsrc, ooh and welcome to the site. Hope you sort them docs out soon and get everything cleared up. Well done.
  • Just to follow up, it looks like there is something wrong, After my BFP on tuesday, i have had some cramping and a tiny bit of spotting, however, i am not in full af. I am gutted. This is the second time this has happened. I cant bring myself to call it a full m/c, but i now am really worried that there is something wrong. Has anyone else had similar happen? Don't know whether to go to doc, they seem so unhelpful, and i am not sure if they will do anything. Am off to cry in a corner.
  • Hi honey you do get cramps in early pg so it could just be that also there are people who spot as well?? Have you done another test?? when is your AF due.

K xx
  • I would go and see your gp. Cramping and spotting are common when pg but to put your mind at ease I would give them a ring or ring NHS direct for some advice.
    Take care
    dg
    xxx
  • Thanks for your replies girls, i just noted that i made a big typo. i meant to say that i am now ( rather than not) in full af flow. I have got an appoint with my GP at 6. DH made me call them. Its quite heavy, so i don't think that there is much they can do at this stage. FYI i am 12 days late. so approx 5.5 weeks pg. It would be good to get some info though. It really hurts.
  • Awww, Mrsrc. I feel terrible for you. You are right to go and see the Drs. Make sure you tell them what the nurse did though. Someone should know about that. There is nothing I can really say as I haven't been in your situation but I do really feel for you. I will certainly be thinking of you tonight and over the weekend. Please make sure you let us know how you get on.

****MrsH is giving Mrsrc a very big cuddle****

xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • I hope things go ok for you - my mum had AF throughout all 3 of her pregnancies so it could be that?

Fingers crossed for you hun xx
  • Mrsrc - sending you huge hugs xxx I really hope the doctor can help give you the answers you need and you are feeling a little better this morning xxx
  • Hi all, thanks for all your lovely messages. I have had a horrid weekend, with a sad and ambiguous outcome. I went to the GP on friday, and she sent me straight to the Gyn unit (via A&E) as they were worried about a potential eptopic pregnancy. So i had to stay in and get monitored as they couldn't scan me until sat morning. The scan, and blood tests show that i have miscarried, but also that there is a thickening in one of my tubes which may or may not have been an eptopic. I have to go back on friday, to check everything is going as normal. Also, they will scan me early (5-6 weeks) in any future pregnancies. Its all a bit draining to be honest and more of a rollercoaster than i can describe. But i am trying to stay positive, despite the flashes of tears. I am going to take a month off, and try an get a bit healthier, loose a bit of weight and try to relax, and then try again. Thanks again for the support. r
  • Ah hun, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you lots of cuddles, it will happen for you soon, I'm sure.
  • I am so sorry to hear this image i wish I could give you a huge hug, you sound very strong though and you make sure you rest and like you said spend this time for you and getting your body ready to start again .

All th best xxxxxx
  • Thanks for the support. I am not feeling particularly strong at the moment to be honest. But i know that i will be better soon. Its bound to take a little while. Good luck with the ttc. I will be rejoining you shortly, and hopefully in a less dramatic manner than this first thread..