Forum home Babies Baby

Baby's Breakfast..... What Do You Give Yours???

hi all,
my little boy is 10 and a half months old and ever since he started on solids i've been giving him baby porrige for breakfast going up in stages and alternating flavours. he does really enjoy it but i feel it's time for some variation.
i'm put off by adult cereals because of the high sugar/salt content.
do any of you feed your little one adult cereals if so which ones??
any othe breakfast suggestions appriciated.
thanks.

Replies

• Hi, once they're six month they can have readybrek and weetabix (prob oatibix too but not sure!). I used to mix weetabix with banana which my boys loved!
    They're 5 and 2 now and i still only let them have cereals which aren't sugar or chocolate coated....they don't need that sugar rush first thing lol. x
  • also,
    if i give cereal should i be making it with his milk or can he have full fat at his age......
  • I believe he can have normal full fat milk from 6 months onwards.
    I'm still giving lo porridge with fruit as she is not keen on Weetabix etc.
  • i always make my lo's cereal with full fat cows milk.. they are allowed it in food from 6 months. my lo is nearly 10 months and she has porridge or weetabix... or jam on toast,scrambled egg on toast, boiled egg and soildiers.. there are all sorts u can do for breakfast dosnt have to be cereal..
  • thanks for that...
    i was just getting stuck in a rut and beacause he seemed to enjoy it i didn't see the point in changing it.

• I give paige (9months old) fresh fruits for breakfast, or hipp weetabix (not so much salt as normal ones) or i make a porridge, apricot and pear mix and freeze it its: 15g porridge to 5oz milk (i was formula though i think its ok with full fat) 6 dried apricots cut up (you have to be careful with dried apricots that they havent been treated with sulphur dioxide E220....as it can trigger asthma attacks) bring to the boil then simmer for 3 minutes stirring occasionally and then puree with they pear....... i got it off of annabel karmels website its very sweet but paige likes it every now and again
  • I give Ellis weetabix mixed with mashed banana, ready brek mixed with stewed apple, marmite on toast, or use the baby cereals sometimes. Ellis won't eat weetabix, ready brek or porridge without fruit mixed in though!

You can give full fat cow's milk in cooking/food from 6 months.

xx
  • I use the cow and gate porridges, but they are quite expensive, lo is nrly 7 months so I'm going to change it to weetabix soon I think! xx
  • I use a cow & gate one for 7 months+ as although he is now 14 months he has an oat allergy and an intolerance to wheat & gluten so it kinda narrows down the options. He loves the cow & gate tropical sunrise.
  • -Hard cooked egg
    -omelet with cheese
    -Weetabix
    -toast with cream cheese
    -toasted bagel
    -M & S banana porridge (he loves this!)
  • hi all,
    my little boy is 10 and a half months old and ever since he started on solids i've been giving him baby porrige for breakfast going up in stages and alternating flavours. he does really enjoy it but i feel it's time for some variation.
    i'm put off by adult cereals because of the high sugar/salt content.
    do any of you feed your little one adult cereals if so which ones??
    any othe breakfast suggestions appriciated.
    thanks.

i used to give my little boy readybrek mixed with baby yoghurt a different taste every day. one morning it would be porridge and strawberry yoghurt, peachy porridge the next etc.image
  • Ready brek with sugar - no, I'm not joking, quick someone call the baby police.
  • Caviar and Wotsits
  • You dont change do you?
  • I try not to, it's hard to improve on perfection image And anyway I have missed you all and the lack of t'internet fun. Gorgeous little critter by the way xx.
  • Thanks - this is the first time I've been on in ages, i try to curb my addiction, well thats when I'm not sat on my fat arse facebooking of course.
  • Well my computer died and Virgin-shittin-media are like my arse and i really should be finishing my essay but it's about aromatherapy and boring me silly.
  • Lewis has anything i can be bothered with at the early time in the morning lol - usually toast, yogurt and some fruit!
  • I give Kara either Redybrek or wheetabix although I tried her on Oatabix the other day and she liked that as well. I don't mix it with fruit or anything. Never really thought about it to be honest.
  • i was always under the impression that weetabix had alot of salt in it that's why i never used it. although, when i've let lo have a little taste he liked it.