Forum home Babies Baby

Feel very guilty

I was on the phone to the estate agent this afternoon and Neve was in her cot without her sleep positioner so she could kick around a bit. I heard her crying but because she has been a bit grumpy with constipation and refusing daytime naps I didn't go in and check for a couple of minutes. When I did my poor little popsy had rolled over and got her leg stuck in the cot so she was face down with her leg stuck screaming her head off - If I had gone in and checked on her when she started crying it wouldn't have happened, she wouldn't have got such a fright and I feel sick with guilt that I stayed on the phone to the f***ing estate agent!

She is fine and has been checked by our lovely neighbour who is a nurse, I know these things happen but it doesn't make me feel any better when I know I could have just gone and checked on her.

Glad to have got it off my chest
xxx

Replies

• hey dont feel guilty, these things happen, my lo does this all the time, and ive learnt to just leave her coz after a few times they will learn to roll back by themselves which she probs wouldnt have done if i kept rolling her back! i guess its just how they learn... hope you are both ok image x
  • hey dont feel guilty, these things happen, my lo does this all the time, and ive learnt to just leave her coz after a few times they will learn to roll back by themselves which she probs wouldnt have done if i kept rolling her back! i guess its just how they learn... hope you are both ok image x
  • oh bless her, but babies are hardy things so don't feel guilty, you can't be there every second.

Every morning I wake up to Shea crying now, cause he likes to do a 180 turn in his cot in the mornings but generally ends up getting his fat head wedged between the bars with his feet stuck in the opposite bars!!
    ...and a few weeks ago he fell off our kings size bed and banged his head on my oak floor boards - that I felt quite sick at!!! But he was fine.

give her big cuddle and don't worry
    xxxx
  • aw hun! don't beat yourself up, theres often posts on here about falls and bumps and things, i've done it myself when evie fell off her bouncer. it happens to all babies at some point, and as claire a belle says babies are tough! evie fell off our bed the other week and i was shaking coz i felt so terrible and id only turned my back for a second! i think they tend to get a bit of a fright more than being hurt as they have a lot of padding! evie is always in some weird and wonderful position when i go through in the morning, quite often stck or wedged somewhere in her cot! xx
  • Don't feel gulity, Lily fell off the bed at 4wks after I tripped over the bed covers! Poor lil thing.x
  • Thanks for your replies, I know it sounds mean but it makes you feel better to know your not the only one! Neve has definately paid me back by refusing to go to sleep until 10 tonight!
  • you have to have to laugh coz if you feel guilty every time something happens your will be a guilty bag of bones lol - Lewis was crying for ages one night at about 4am and i thought oh shit cant be bothered getting up let him cry for 5 mins - went through and his leg was stuck too, stupid cots are designed wrong!
  • I know, travel cots may look a bit ugly with their mesh sides but at least this never happens with them! I rang my sister crying and told her what had happened, she laughed like a drain and reeled off about three stories on arms/legs in cot bars! I am so wet when it comes to stuff like this lol!