Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

i saw the doctor - no help!!!

so i went to see the doc today and she was of no help!
i told her everything and she says " yes i agree, sounds like your NOT ov"
to go back at the end of the year if still no bfp or af - she wants me to wait till end of year if no AF!!!!
she says that spots are prob cause i have acne but the pill was helping!!!
and that coming off the pill doesn't cause weight gain!

she follows up with at 27 i've got plenty of time to have children,

shes lucky i didn't start crying!!

so feeling v frustrated but have decided to look at alternatives & start taking AC again!!

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway hope you all had a better day than me!!!!!

Replies

• I can't believe how useless the doctors are for you both. Terrible to expect you to wait till end of year for AF!! I think you should look at getting second opinion. i changed my doctor recently and explained my irregular periods (av 6 a year) - She gave me a full set of bloods and recommended a prescription dose of folic acid and omegan 3,6,9 and she gave me clomid to take on my next cycle - This is my first Clomid cycle and I am hoping not for AF but BFP a week Thursday !! best of luck to you both and I hope you get your BFPS very soon.
  • I can't believe how useless the doctors are for you both. Terrible to expect you to wait till end of year for AF!! I think you should look at getting second opinion. i changed my doctor recently and explained my irregular periods (av 6 a year) - She gave me a full set of bloods and recommended a prescription dose of folic acid and omegan 3,6,9 and she gave me clomid to take on my next cycle - This is my first Clomid cycle and I am hoping not for AF but BFP a week Thursday !! best of luck to you both and I hope you get your BFPS very soon.
  • thanks girls,

it's nice to know i might not be over reacting!!!

spoke with SIL last night and shes going to give me a weekly reflexology treatment, i'm so lucky this is what she does as she won't charge me no matter how much i moan!!

she told me not to pin my hopes on it but someone else that we know fell pg when she was treating them for the same reasons!!!

i said i would just be happy if i could start a reg cycle and ov!!!
  • Doctors really do suck, they don;t even seem to care and for them it might sound ok waiting till the end of the year but for the actual person it;s a lot of stress and emotion drain. I would try and see another doctor??

K xxx
  • Sorry to hear it didn't go well at the docs hun. It is crazy to wait a yr with no af!!

I don't know if I O either but am due for a smear so when I get af I'm going to get an apt and Q there! I'll be on the 6th cycle then so she'll probably tell me to wait too, the waiting sucks!

I'll settle for a BFP next week please and one for you too babes! I just posted too, told you you were too soon to be congratulating me on holding out on poas. I'm not late (compared to last month), have no symptoms, Bd'd randomly and not enough and have no ewcm ever, so why do I convince myself? Oh yeah coz I relaxed so figured I'd be pg as that's the way it goes right? Also my mum visited and gave me reflexology, I had a red spotting which was probably from trying to hard with a no 2 (tmi) and dreamt I was pg with twins!

Sorry I'm using my reply to rant again, ggrrr. Hope you get af or BFP soon x
  • That's awful. I agree with Mugwia - I'd get a second opinion. ~The end of the year is an eternity.

All the best.
  • I have the same problem with having no periods, I went to my doctors after 6 months and she did a blood test for thyroid and it came back normal as i suspected, I have since gone back and I am now waiting for my appointment to have fertility checks, I would def change Doctors to perhaps one who has a heart!!!!