Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

New type of pain

Good morning lovely pregnant ladies image

I will try and explain this question as well as I can but it is still early and I have my pregnancy brain on today.

Firstly what does heartburn feel like? as I am having a on and off pain that starts right at the top of my bump and feels like unbelievable cramp and then spreads down and round the underneath of the bump when it happens it kind of makes me need the loo (sorry if tmi) then it dies off only to happen again 5-10 mins later, so far it has only happened three times since I got to work, but it hurts quite a lot and doubles me over at my desk.

I thought it might be heartburn but I have never had it so don't know what to expect image if it's nothing like heartburn does anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

Oh and I'm 34+1 image

Fankooooooo

Caz
xx

Replies

• From my experience with heart burn its more like a burning sensation that starts dead centre in my chest and works its way up. U sound to me like baby is either having another growth spurt or ur having strong braxton hicks. U should keep timing them and monitoring how painful they are. Hope this helps and hope u feel better soon, theres nothing worse than been at work and been uncomfortable. Kerry xxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev183pf___.png

• Hey Kerry,
    Thanks for that - I haven't had another one yet and I'm hoping it was just lo doing something to me to make it happen (it really frickin' hurt lol I am such a wuss) I have the mw today so I might mention it to her if it happens again.
    Caz
    xx
  • Yeah i defo would mention it especially if u get it while ur there coz she will be able to feel and tell u if its a contraction or something. Fingers crossed it doesn't come back, if it does u have the perfect excuse to go home and enjoy the sun though, lol. Kerry xxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev183pf___.png

• Tis true image
    If it was contractions I am def not looking forward to labour lol I freaked out for a min there but hopefully all has calmed down now.
    Caz
  • I would defo mention it to midwife because those sounded like contractions to me! This is going to be tmi but you know when you really, really need a poo so much it hurts? Thats what contractions start off like. At least mine did when i was induced with my daughter. Heartburn usually starts in my chest and works its way up to my throat and its more a burning pain than cramp.
    xxx
  • Hiya love!

Sounds similar to the braxton hicks I was getting at the weekend really regularly! I know 2 wks ago Tommy wasnt engaged at all but when the bitch doctor from hell examined me he was 2/5ths engaged so it might be your lo starting to engage! I am also 34 weeks!

Hope you feel better now!

Love Lee
    xxxxx
  • Arghhhhh !!!! I don't want contractions lol I haven't had another one since the three in a row I had this morning but I feel all nervous and uncomfortable now.

Also in the past weeks I have had a lot of cm (sorry if tmi) sometimes its really thick like boogers and other times it's very wet - there is no colour to it and it doesn't smell but I thought perhaps it was the begining of my plug. God there are so many things I don't know and because its my first pregnancy I have no idea what to expect or even what a contraction would feel like - now I'm going to go all paranoid ha ha

Caz
    xx
  • Defo not heart burn C+BB I have had that for ages and it dont feel like that.

You will have to mention it if they become regular to your midwife unit just in case little one intends to try to come out early!

Having thought about it it sounds quite similar to a pain I had last week, turned out to be a uti though.

[Modified by: jmp on May 13, 2008 10:22 AM]

• Thanks jmp image

Trying not to freak out now lol but luckily I'm all clear at the mo so fingers crossed it won't happen again.

Caz
    xx
  • Hmmmm I had three this morning that were about 10 mins apart and now my bump aches - they didn't feel like the BH I have had before where my bump goes rock hard for a couple of seconds and then goes - this was more of an intense pain that started at the top of the bump and doubled me up and then went round under my bump and then dissapeared. I think I will mention it to the mw - I feel a bit sick now and like I need a poo all the time lol sorry if tmi and my bump is aching.
    Caz
    xx
  • How long did it last? The needing a poo feeling could just be baby engaging. They could have just been strong BH but I think its worth telling the midwife and making a point of saying they didnt feel like BH's.
    xxx
  • I would say they lasted about 30 secs then died off to a dull ache.
    I am seeing the mw this afternoon so will mention it to her then image
  • Let us know what she says C+BB.
  • Will do image
    Caz
    xx
  • How did you get on mate?
  • C+BB you have gone very quiet, hope everything went well with the midwife x
  • Hey I'm back - my new mw had no interest in anything I had to say she passed them off as bh without asking how they felt I tried to tell her it didn't feel right but she was more interested in the sugar in my urine - I have a glucose deficiency and am banned from eating anything with sugar in it for the next 6 weeks I am being sent for an emergency growth scan this weeks as I'm measuring at between 39-40 weeks when I'm only 34, she seems to think the sugar deficiency has comtributed to the extra growth and think he may be quite big.
    Overall a little frustrated but I haven't had any pains yet today just lo moving around - my dh is being a bit of a w****r today as well so generally in a bad mood lol image
    Thank you for asking after me ladies image
    Caz
    xx
  • Hey Caz, when is your scan? I would mention the pains when you go for the scan as they may be more helpful! At least you will get to see lo again and also see if its the head pressing on your pelvis thats causing them! Hope you dont get any more pains today! And that your dh starts behaving! Tammi xxx
  • God, it makes me soooo mad that there are do many horrible people who deal with pregnant women! I had one at the weekend mate so know how you feel. When you are genuinely concerned about something especially when you are pregnant they should take more bloody time to give you CARE!

When do you hear about your growth scan? Dont envy you - staying away from sugar for that long! Maybe would be better for my waistline though lol!

Around all day if you wanna moan mate!!!
    Love Lee
    xxxxx
  • Hey Lee Hey Tammi image

She was just pants! I am having a call from the hospital about my growth scan today so it should be either the end of this week or the beginning of next week. I just had a similar pain at the top of my bump to yesterday but I feel like a fool saying anything now, I was anger at her because I know what braxton hicks feel like I have had them for weeks, firstly they don't hurt and secondly they make my tummy go rock hard for a few seconds then go. These pains are doubling over kind of pains and my tummy doesn't go hard so I think I can tell the difference duh!! oh well, she asked me if I was watching what I ate and I kind if smiled and she said "I take that as a no then!" when actually all I was going to say was my diet hadn't changed I just a a bit more chocolate, but that it was a comfort thing rather than a craving, then she told me I could have no chocolate and nothing with sugar in; including fruit!! it sounds stupid but I am now totally miserable at the thought of not being able to eat anything I like image it sounds selfish. Whats just as annoying is when I last had to go to the hospital to be monitored (about 6 weeks ago) the doctor told me I had a lot of sugar in my urine but that it was nothing to worry about, I told the mw this yesterday and she went mad saying "of course it's something to worry about!!" well how the bloody hell was I supposed to know that!
    ARGHHHH!!! rant over sorry image
    Caz
    xx