Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

WATERS??advice please!

hi there,wonder if anybody can help.My waters never went when i had my daughter,i had them broken for me at 7cm dilated so i have no experience with this! when they go do they always go with a gush or can they keep trickling out???since 11.00 last night i've been leaking clear,warm watery fluid frm there but its been just trickling on and off.So far its soaked 2 pairs of knickers n filled 1 and a half sanitary towels.Do you think it could be my waters??would i not get pains/contractions too if it was or can it take some time after before they start?i see my mw sometime this morning so think i'll just w8 c what she says but any advice would be great,thanx hanna 38+2 xxx

Replies

• Hi Hanna, It shound to me like your waters have broke. When i had my youngest I was gettin ready for theatre for a section when my waters broke. Was like i peed myself for a few seconds and then for a few hours until i went to theatre it kept trickling. Good luck it seems your well on your way to having your baby. Wish I was. Had a show a few times yestersay and some pain but all settled now.
  • Hi Hanna, It shound to me like your waters have broke. When i had my youngest I was gettin ready for theatre for a section when my waters broke. Was like i peed myself for a few seconds and then for a few hours until i went to theatre it kept trickling. Good luck it seems your well on your way to having your baby. Wish I was. Had a show a few times yestersay and some pain but all settled now.
  • hi hun thanx for the advice.I have rung the hospital n they want me to go in to get checked,i just hope it is my waters or i'll feel like im wasting everyones time!!lol xx
  • hi. it sounds like your waters to me. my waters went with my 1st and it was a few hours until i started to get any pains.ooohhhh good luck. xxx
  • Sounds like ur waters have been leaking, lets hope its the start for u, lets us know how u get on at the hospital, the next time u post on here u cud have had ur baby, oooo how exciting. Kerry xxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev183pf___.png

• hi everyone,im back from hospital.They confirmed it was my waters,yey!!and they have been leaking all day,not many pains yet just waiting.Im booked in for induction on saturday if grace is still in so either way i'll be holding my baby for the weekend!!! xx
  • will do hun!i am hoping something progresses 2nite myself!i'll keep u updated xxx
  • Good luck hun, hope things start moving for you, it must be awful now just waiting around for something to happen. Roll on the weekend anyway coz then u will defo have ur baby. Kerry xxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev183pf___.png

• im still here!lol bein induced tomoz if shes still not arrived! xxx
  • thanx hun!no i've bin tryin to stay off the pc cuz felt quite fed up that im still w8in n my body hasnt done it itself!!never mind it'll all happen 2moz if not b4 n then i'll b able to have a gr8 big cuddle!will keep u upd8ed when i get the chance xxx