Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Slightly off topic but need to rant!

I've been given antibiotics (again!! third chest infection in 6 months!) and despite telling the doc they give me thrush he's insisted on them. So it's back to the chemist again this morning and I can really feel it brewing now (sorry if TMI) it's so uncomfortable sitting at a desk all day, I hope this tablet kicks in soon!!!!

Anybody have any preventative ideas for the future???????????:?

Replies

• hello,the only thing i know to help with thrush is cranberry's,sorry not much help,hope your feeling better soon

xx
  • oh honey this is horrid. i use to get it every single month for about two years it drove me mad!!!! The doctor kept getting me to cut things out like sugar and to change the condoms we were using and so on. In the end for me we broke up and it turned out to be that. I was just very unhappy and stressed and thats why I got it.

Natural yogurt is very good messy but if you can get it up there it;s good LOL

Wear cotton knickers and wash them in fairy only. Do use perfume soaps or wash yourself too hard. Drink cranberry juice and water.

I hope this helps you at all image

k XX

• thanks for that k-lou but it's purely and simply down to the antibiotics i'm on!! it's happened the last three times i've been on them it just makes me so irritable!! I'm hoping I've took the tablet quickly and it's stops before it gets too bad!

No Bd'ing this weekend by the looks of it! image

• thanks for that k-lou but it's purely and simply down to the antibiotics i'm on!! it's happened the last three times i've been on them it just makes me so irritable!! I'm hoping I've took the tablet quickly and it's stops before it gets too bad!

No Bd'ing this weekend by the looks of it! image

• oops posted that twice!
  • Oh I know hun that does it to me as well. I had it last friday and took the oral pill and it was gone within two days image

Though they do say if you are trying you should not take the oral pill.

xx
  • well not ttc till july so I'll be okay for now. don't know what's worse barking like a dog every time I cough or not being able to sit still!!! lol x
  • I have the answer to this as I am exactly the same with antibiotics... I take Acidolpholous, you can get in liquid or capsule form from Holland & Barratt (usually in the fridge section) and you take it with food - basically it is the good bacteria which fights the candia that causes thrush.... works everytime for me and is not expensive....

Go get some and take it everytime you take antibiotics (and a little while afterwards).

Good luck and I hope it works for you

xx
  • OMG thank you so much Mrs Jules I am going to go and find some asap and make sure I take it next time!!!! I am still sooooo uncomfortable today!! x
  • start taking it now... it will help I promise...