Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

SLEEP

was wondering how long your l/o's sleep for/ times and if they have naps, time/how long for?

my l/o is 16months sleeps 7-6 and has 2 naps 9-10.30ish and 1-2.30ish. i think 2 naps is probably a lot for his age... even though its convenient for me image and i'm SICK of getting up at 6am!! any suggestions for getting him to sleep a bit later would be good too! (i'm thinking less sleep during the day might help)

thanx ladies image

Replies

• hi my lo still has 2 naps a day and i was thinking that might be to much for her age. my lo goes 8-7 then 1-1 1/2 hours in morn then again in the afternoon. ive tried cutting out the morning nap but she is a nightmare. i suppose im quite lucky that she sleeps till 7 so that not too bad. i dont ewven think it would work to keep them up later coz we have done this in the past if weve been visiting and she still up at the same time. sorry not much help.xx
  • Millie has one nap in the day straight after lunch at 1, she normally sleeps for between 1 1/2 and 2 hours. She goes to bed at 7.30 and normally wakes up about 8 (althought this morning it was 8.50!!!) I don't know wht time your lo's have their naps, but could you try dropping the morning one but bringing the afternoon one forwards untill they have got used to just one nap, then moving it back gradually untill they are having it at the same time they are now. You could also maybe try putting them to bed half an hour early untill they get used to having one nap. Millie is nearly 21 months now but she has been having the same amount of sleep since about 14 months
    Kerry xx
  • hiya,primrose, is 20mnths and has one nap a day for 1 1/2 hours at 12.30 till 2 she goes to bed at 6.30 till 7.30am!! she has done this since she was 6mnths old and its because im in a strict routine i followed gina fords contented little baby book and its so fab,we have our evenings to ourselfs!yes its not for everyone but it certainly worked for me.i wood surgest dropping the morning nap to try to get him to have one long nap which will be more benifical to him and to you in the long run.x