Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Waaahhh I so want to be pregnant!

:x Sorry I am just having a self-indulgent / self-pity moment of feeling I so desperately want to be pregnant! I just went to the pregnancy tab at the top of the page and read all the articles about what to expect when you're pregnant, what to do inthe last few weeks etc. and it made me so excited and soooo desperate to be pregnant. Normally I just thinking about having a baby which of course I can't wait for too, but just reading the pregnancy pages made me so long to have that bump and pack my bag for the hospital, experience all the funny side effects, etc!

Anyone else feel the same? Stupid question of course - you all do!!! :roll:

Replies

• It is a stupid question babe, but you know you're in the right place at least!

I am avoiding seeing one friend as she's due in 2 months and also another friend of hubby's, who accidentally got pregnant. I'm not sure I can cope with it all which is sad image

I'm kinda hoping that I am right now - normally the week before AF is due I get tender and swollen boobs - nothing really to speak of and AF is due any time from Thursday. I so hope I am - like you babe, I'm so desperate for it to happen.

(hugs)
  • Aww Gypsy, I am keeping everything crossed for you that this is your month!

I have a close friend who is expecting her first in August. I'm kind of the opposite though as I want to be around her all the time - pregnancy by proximity!! :lol:

I am knitting her a blanket for the baby and sometimes I pretend I'm knitting it for my own baby. That makes me sad image

oh well, hopefully our time will come....
  • I'm with you, i've gotta see my sister in law 2b tomorrow and she is about 13 weeks, got pg by accident and then told everyone as soon as she found out. I am so happy for her and my bro but so mad because it should be me too. Good luck everyone, our time will come i'm sure.
  • Hi guys Im a bit of a newbie, Ive got a LO who's 2 1/2 and she is my angel but I sooo want to be pregnant, This is our first month of trying and I just cant bear the wait we only tried last week so ive got 2 weeks till I can find out, I know its really unlikely but I want it sooo much, I'm the same about the pregnancy part, its just as much about being pregnant as it is having the baby, I want to feel the kicks and see the scans and all of it!!! fingers crossed for all you ladies xxxx
  • Can I join this club!! I so want to be pregnant too and seem to have gotten a little obsessed even though we're only on month 4! Its easy to do, especially when they are so many babies everywhere. This time next year I hope other people are looking fondly at our own image x
  • Awww, day dreamer, that last sentence really made me beam from my heart outwards!
  • I want to join too!! It is sooo true about people not trying and there we are wanting it more than anything!! My 17 year old cousin is 20wks gone and it was an accident - and then all she says ''when's it your turn!'' It is sooo frustrating. it is not like we aren't trying!

Has anyone also noticed how you see every baby and pg woman now when you are out?
  • Yes, within one hour of af arriving this morning I had seen FOUR pregnant women!!!!!!!I am quite pragmatic about it but that was just fate taking the piss!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I think hubby will notice it more when his mate becomes a Daddy.

It seems so unfair when people "play by the rules" and it still doesn't happen. I know it's only 4 months since we started ttc, but it feels like forever!! Saying that, it did take my mate 8 months so I shan't panic too much for the timebeing.
  • Hope all continues to go well for you Katie. 127 days will be gone before you know it!!
  • Its nice to know Katie that eventually it will happen. I'm glad my comment made you feel a bit better gypsy, its what keeps me going. Day 22 for me now so still a week to wait but going to test on Sat as OH is going away. x
  • Let me join your We Want Babies Club! Please!

How do I persuade my h2b that actually a little registrar office wedding will be lovely and that we should instead spend the money on a flat for us and a baby?

He knows how much I wanta baby and keeps telling me that I'm responsible for the contraception and that if I skip pills without telling him and get pregnant we will be bringing it up as two seperate parents image

Makes me so sad because I want to be TTC so badly!
  • Can I join as well?? This is only my first month of trying and I am already fed up of waiting. I want to be preg sooooo badly I never relaised how much i wanted to be a mum till we deicded to TTC which was just over a month ago. I think for me it feels like nearly two months as that is how long we have been talking about it and I missed a period for no reason so was trying to get my body back before trying.

It's crazy but its become all I have thought about and all I think about. I see preg women everywhere I am sure they were not there before.

k xxx
  • I can't wait to be pregnant again, apart from having morning sickness 5months I had a wonderful experience. I'm really looking forward to having a bump to show off, going for the scans, feeling baby kick and OH looking after me. Felicity will really enjoy being a big sister and helping out. We have been trying for 7months but Im not giving up, I have much PMA and hope, I know it will happen!! Which makes me sooooooooooooo excited.
    Good luck Ladies, it will be our turn soon x x x
  • oh starting early thats so sad, does he ever want babies? i have been trying to convince my OH since last August and he finally agreed or "didnt wear a jonny" this month.

A registry office wedding is just as lovely exspecially if it means you can spend the money on a LO, does he give any reasons to y he wont TTC? xxx
  • startingearly - does your OH want a big wedding? I was surprised how involved my hubby got in our wedding, but most details were as important to him as me. It was a day about showing everyone how happy we were image

As for skipping pills etc, that's definitely not the way to go about things. Talk to him and tell him how important ttc is to you, and see what you can do to change things.

• oh starting early thats so sad, does he ever want babies? i have been trying to convince my OH since last August and he finally agreed or "didnt wear a jonny" this month.

A registry office wedding is just as lovely exspecially if it means you can spend the money on a LO, does he give any reasons to y he wont TTC? xxx

startingearly - does your OH want a big wedding? I was surprised how involved my hubby got in our wedding, but most details were as important to him as me. It was a day about showing everyone how happy we were image

As for skipping pills etc, that's definitely not the way to go about things. Talk to him and tell him how important ttc is to you, and see what you can do to change things.

Thank you for your replies

Er...sorry to sound thick but what's an LO?

Yeah he wants to start TTC after our wedding (probably next June-ish) But I don't want a huge wedding, I just want the bit where I get to wake up wiht him, live with him, have his children... That's the bit I want, the marriage not particularly the wedding.

His reasons for waiting before TTC are pretty much wedding based, he said he would, but we wouldn't have much money for the wedding, and would have a little registry office one (personally it quite appeals to me)

I wouldn't really skip pills, but I know that they only way he'd agree to have a baby now is if I was already pregnant. It's just so frustrating! It makes me so sad, and so hurt!

If I kept our baby instead of having a miscarriage, it'd be due this June. He wouldn't have complained then! We would've been happily living together and waiting for our little one to arrive. It's so unfair, it hurts so much.
  • I just want the bit where I get to wake up wiht him, live with him, have his children... That's the bit I want, the marriage not particularly the wedding.

If I kept our baby instead of having a miscarriage, it'd be due this June. He wouldn't have complained then! We would've been happily living together and waiting for our little one to arrive. It's so unfair, it hurts so much.

Hun have you said all the above to him? it sounds like you have thought it all through and really really want it, also could your OH be scared about the mc happening again?

LO = Little One

I really hope he changes his mind hun xxximage
  • Yes, I've said it. It doesn't make any difference.

I suppose he might be scared I'll MC again, but why would it make any difference if it was this year or next year?
    He's already lost two babies (one ot his ex's abortion and one to me MC)
    I think it just hurts him too much thinking about it, but ...why would he say he wanted kids if he doesn't?

I'm just so... angry. I'm so utterly furious with him, and my body and I know it's not his fault. Why couldn't I just have kept it? Then we'd be living together and we'd be a family already, instead of me trying to persuade him that it's a good idea to try again. Instead of me wanting a baby all the time. Instead of him hating how I keep crying all the time, and me feeling so bad because I just wish I could have the child I'm craving.
  • Double post, deleted

[Modified by: startingearly on May 21, 2008 10:38 AM]